Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsm 2010 results

Hi all,

I hope the people that do not want to know the results are not reading this, as if you are, why do you think I called it WSM 1010 RESULTS !!!

I tied to not see the results a few years ago, but found it its seems just or even more exiting this way, and does not spoil the tele show.

Wayne

Robert lost a little half way, but was enough for Terry to overtake by milly seconds.

This is all we know so far, unofficial.

F. Walk and other enents for today.

GROUP 1
    1m. Brian Shaw
    2m. Solvi Petursson
    3m. ?
    4m.?
    5m.?
    6m.?

GROUP 2
    1m. Terry Holands
    2m. Robert Szczepański
    3m. Derek Poundstone
    4m. Richard Skog
    5m. Curletto
    6m.

GROUP 3
    1m. Travis Ortmayer
    2m. Ervin Katona
    3m ?
    4m. Janusz Kułaga
    5m.
    6m.

GROUP 4
    1m. Zydrunas Savickas
    2m. Laurence Shahlaei
    3m.
    4m.
    5m.
    6m.

GROUP 5
    1m. Dave Ostlund
    2m. Mark Westaby
    3m.?
    4m. Misha Koklyaev prawdopodobnie
    5m.
    6m.

Wayne

Comment

Thanks for the updates Wayne

Comment

Unfortunately, the "casualties" are making headlines of the 2010 WSM.

Darren Sadler OUT after what appears to be a "torn biceps" suffered at the Tire Flip.

Comment

Wayne are those positions for the whole day or just after one event - farmers walk?

Comment

Anyone to confirm the condition of Richard Skog ( Group 2) as to possible hand injury ?

Comment

Quick question - is this thread going to be deleted as has happened on Marunde, or are we safe posting here? I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ohl View Post
                Anyone to confirm the condition of Richard Skog ( Group 2) as to possible hand injury ?
                I think he just tore some calluses. I believe the site was linked to on Marunde exaggerated the story - the original source was just said he tore several calluses. It seems as though most of the competitors tore some calluses on the farmer's - I don't know if there was something wrong with the implement or what.

Comment

James, I think Randall Strossen has already expressed his views and set the rules so to speak.

This forum, for as much as we all have experienced quite extensively, offers a wide range of possibilities, therefore expressing opinions and circulating informations.

At least as much as I know.

Comment

Hey guys follow the rules. Don't put Randy on the spot, he's made it clear what he and IronMind can and cannot do.

Comment

Maybe we should vote on a secret ballot to determine the winner.

Seems that "underground" is the key word when it concerns the WSM show.

Maybe it isn't even happening ...like INCEPTION !

Comment

Originally posted by James Deffinbaugh View Post
                        Quick question - is this thread going to be deleted as has happened on Marunde, or are we safe posting here? I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carroll View Post
                          Hey guys follow the rules. Don't put Randy on the spot, he's made it clear what he and IronMind can and cannot do.
                          This

PS. There's a NAS Heavyweight that lives in Marysville that has nothing but great things to say about you Mr. Carroll.

_ _ _ _ _ BREAK _ _ _ _ _

I haven't been around the Strength forums very long, or competing in NAS for very long for that matter, but I've seemed to have picked up on a general dislike of the company that puts on WSM. I don't know why this is, but that's the impression that I get. It's curios to me that the results for the contest are of such great importance to people that don't respect the organization much to begin with.

Comment

Hi Randall, I opened this thread, hope it’s ok ??? As all who do not want to know, just should not open.

From the Polish guys.

GROUP 1 stairs 225kg steps 24
                            1m. Brian Shaw
                            2m. Solvi Petursson
                            3m.
                            4m.
                            5m.
                            6m.

GROUP 2 stairs 225kg steps 24
                            1m. Terry Hollands
                            2m. Robert Szczepański
                            3m. Derek Poundstone
                            4m.
                            5m.
                            6m

Wayne

Comment

Stairs 225kg steps 24

1m. Ervin Katona
                              2m. Janusz Kułaga
                              3m Travis Ortmayer

GROUP 4 squats

1m. Laurence Shahlaei
                              2m. Zydrunas Savickas
                              3m. Nick Best

Wayne

Comment

Go Lozza!!

Comment

Robert Szczepański has torn in tore that he done last month, not sure if he can go on, huge dissapointment for me and all Poland if this is right, as he seems to have zero lifts on the dead.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Gray View Post
                                    Robert Szczepański has torn in tore that he done last month, not sure if he can go on, huge dissapointment for me and all Poland if this is right, as he seems to have zero lifts on the dead.

Wayne
                                    That's terrible news. Group 2 has taken a pounding, I think it's cursed.

What did he tear? What happened last month?

Comment

I find it interesting that all these injuries are happening when alot of people commented/complained about how light this contest was.

That is bad to hear about Robert as it looked as though he was having a good contest.
                                      North American Highlander Association, Inc.
                                      "The Ultimate Test of Strength and Athleticism"

Comment

Originally posted by James Deffinbaugh View Post
                                        That's terrible news. Group 2 has taken a pounding, I think it's cursed.

What did he tear? What happened last month?

He tore his latissimus dorsi muscle. It was in the European Championships 21/8/2010, it was done on a warm up, and because of this year’s WSM, thought it best to leave out the whole comp.

http://www.ironmind-forum.com/showthread.php?t=269

Derek 6 in dead lift
                                        Terry 5

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                                        X