X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 European Weightlifting Championships

First they were slated to be in Spain, then they got moved to Bulgaria and now it's been settled that this year's (Senior Men's and Women's) European Weightlifting Championships will be in Albania.

What do you think: will we see some big lifts or is everyone going to be on cruise control after the London Olympics?

One of the things I'll be really interested to see is who the Russians enter in the 105-kg category.

Comment

No Turkish Delight

This is going to change things:

http://www.ironmind.com/

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...h_Delight.html

Comment

Comment

Comment

On paper, I'd say the 85s and the 105s could be especially interesting on the men's side and the 75s and +75s on the women's side.

Comment

Final Entries: Super Surprise?

I just saw the final entry list and this could be very interesting: Ruslan Albegov (Russia) is there (supers).

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Strossen View Post
                I just saw the final entry list and this could be very interesting: Ruslan Albegov (Russia) is there (supers).
                http://www.ironmind.com/
                http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope..._Surprise.html

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Strossen View Post
                  Randy,
                  I was very impressed with Albegov's lifting at last years Russian Nationals and the Olympics...he was one good attempt from a silver medal.
                  I saw some YouTube videos of him lifting-notice how his upper back seems to round at the start of the first pull? Kinda looks like the way I do it, except Im a few kilos behind
                  Any chance of you tracking down Rigert for an interview?
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike anderson View Post
                    Randy,
                    I was very impressed with Albegov's lifting at last years Russian Nationals and the Olympics...he was one good attempt from a silver medal.
                    I saw some YouTube videos of him lifting-notice how his upper back seems to round at the start of the first pull? Kinda looks like the way I do it, except Im a few kilos behind
                    Any chance of you tracking down Rigert for an interview?
                    Mike

Comment

Comment

Albania! I had some bad experiences in Albania!

Comment

Randall,
                          Thanks for the coverage of the European Championships. Great photo on the website and what a great position on the snatch! Keep it coming Randall.

How is Tirana? One of my partners is from there and I told him about the championships and he said that he knows people who were planning on going to watch. Small world.

Bill

Comment

Bill -

Got here yesterday afternoon and managed to stay upright through the lifting. Internet was a major challenge this morning, but I managed to get a couple of things posted and I have my fingers crossed that the connection will be better tomorrow (it seems to vary so maybe tomorrow will be a good day .

On the TV side, David Goldstrom just pulled us out for at least another night as he's wrestling with technical problems that originally had us not commentating last night or tonight and then jumping in tomorrow. Our good friend Colin Bryce (along with Michaela Breeze) will be stepping in tonight, so anyone who has a chance to catch the Eurosport broadcast should tune in and enjoy the lifting. If David gets things sorted out, he and I will be picking up the commentary on Thursday.

Joe -

I'd perfectly happy if the internet was my worst experience here!

Comment

Randall,
                              Thank you for the report. Just a question. It appears that there was a great rush, recently with the Chinese in particular, to do squat jerks. Is that playing itself out with the European Championships so far?

Keep it coming! Bill

Comment

Comment

Internet , live tv, etc.

Hi Randy!! Sounds like Albania's hi tech infrastructure could use an update! I know it one of the poorest countries is Europe. They have produced some very good lifters for such a small country.

walt

Comment

Hello Randall,
                                    Thank you for today's report. Wow, it is great to hear about the locals coming to support their lifter Godelli. I sounds like it was truly exciting and even electric as the Albanians wanted to give a boost to their man.

That competition sounds like the old saying in lifting that I have heard..."Win the snatch and don't get beat in the jerk".

Thanks again, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Lampert View Post
                                      Hi Randy!! Sounds like Albania's hi tech infrastructure could use an update! I know it one of the poorest countries is Europe. They have produced some very good lifters for such a small country.

walt

Walt -

I was hoping you'd be here!

How's this for hi-tech: I have found the spot in my hotel that's most likely to allow me to get email/update news/send photos so I drag a chair over there and keep my fingers crossed.

How are you doing? Are you coming to Poland for the world championships?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Crawford View Post
                                        Hello Randall,
                                        Thank you for today's report. Wow, it is great to hear about the locals coming to support their lifter Godelli. I sounds like it was truly exciting and even electric as the Albanians wanted to give a boost to their man.

That competition sounds like the old saying in lifting that I have heard..."Win the snatch and don't get beat in the jerk".

Thanks again, Bill

Comment

Working...
                                        X