X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the new forum?

No idea where to put this thread. Is anyone else having issues with this forum? Sometimes I want to change a sentence and the cursor keeps moving to the end of a sentence etc. etc? Is this a glitch or a setting?
    The most difficult and most productive part of grip training...the time between workouts. -me

Its very possible that its a bug with the version. We will be doing a point upgrade shortly and hopefully this will resolve it. Thank you for letting us know.

“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." Pierre-Joseph Proudhon (1923)
    http://mises.org/

Comment

Thanks Chris. Might as well add this... "Mark Channels Read" Button on the top does not work...yet the one on the bottom does.
      The most difficult and most productive part of grip training...the time between workouts. -me

Comment

I log in - again, and again and again. Gave up after 3 tries yesterday.

Comment

Please try clearing your cookies for the login problem.

Thanks

“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." Pierre-Joseph Proudhon (1923)

Comment

I notice that activity on this forum seems to have dropped off a cliff over the past week or so. Perhaps some rudimentary instructions posted on the first page might help. It took me a while to figure out that I had do sign in again. That might be obvious to a lot of you, but it kept me out of the loop for a bit.

Comment

You can only use one template as well, and you have to manually type in the pages to read various pages in threads, every time you click a thread it takes you to the first page not the last unread post.
              Strength is a marathon, not a sprint.

Comment

Hi, we have completed the point upgrade. Hopefully this will resolve your difficulties.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

REALLY not a fan of this new forum. Waited a couple of weeks to see how it would work out. NOT easier to use. A step backward. Posting links/videos and editing post not as complete as before. The preview is horrible. Previous version gave you a complete preview, this version is partial. If your forums numbers have dropped off, you shouldn't have to guess why.

Comment

Ahh, just hit the "Toggle Advanced Editor" button above the post message window on the right. Change can be difficult but it happens no matter if we like it or not. And computers are in a pain in the neck in general, are extremely over-relied upon.

Comment

Thanks Chris...will give it a try.

Comment

Please let me know if you have any more problems. I think the new software will be worth the trouble as IronMind grows into it.

Comment

Check out my last two post in Strongman Archaeology. The video box for whatever reason doesn't work and I don't care if it does or not. If its not going to work and you have to click onto the link anyways then, being able to select whether the box is there or not would be helpful and would clean up the post. No point in having the video box in the post if it doesn't work. Similar to how when you paste a link and you can chose a thumbnail to show or not, this same feature would be nice for the video aspect as well.
                          "I think the new software will be worth the trouble as IronMind grows into it." Do you mean IronMind the business or IronMind the forum? Its always mystifying to me when people basically say,"we're going to take what was doing OK and now mess with it for YOUR benefit."

Comment

Hmm, I didn't even know the new version added video embedding. Very cool. Those are FB links so I can see the embed feature being new not working for that plus it could be a permissions issue from FB and-or the user themselves blocking embeds intentionally. I tested the embed with youtube and worked. Nice improvement I was wondering why they hadn't added earlier actually. If you just post the link instead of using the insert video toolbar option then it shouldn't create the box.

I hear you on the don't fix it if it isn't broke but there were things Randy wanted to do with the old version which he couldn't which he can with this one. And when software isn't updated it becomes increasingly vulnerable to hacking, which could expose user data. The old version of vbulletin is on its way out and this is the future. Since IronMind has a lot of strength sport content, I advise patience as the new platform should allow IronMind to do some more things that you will hopefully enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for the help Chris.
                              "And when software isn't updated it becomes increasingly vulnerable to hacking, which could expose user data." That is an excellent reason for the change. Thanks again.

Comment

Please keep letting us know what's working and what's not - we're still working through things (some pretty basic such as not all punctation marks are working yet), but if you can keeping letting us know what you are running into, Chris can get things shipshape.

Comment

I just realized that no slot is automatically showing up for the title of a post or am I missing how to do it?

Comment

yeah no post titles anymore, noticed that as well but figured I had complained enough.

Comment

My guess is vbulletin will add the post titles in the next point upgrade or two, along with the calendar which I know is being added shortly.

Comment

I couldn't do em dashes (—) before, so let's see if they work now and how about en dashes – and hyphens -. Can we use copyright symbols © and registered trademarks ® and how about good old ™.

Comment

Working...
                                        X