IronMind Forum Purpose and Rules
IronMind's forum was created to gather a friendly, helpful group of strength aficionados to share information and ideas, learn and give feedback, and guide and encourage each other in their strength pursuits. All members, by virtue of registering, agree to abide by the IronMind Forum Rules, listed below.
1. Use of first and last legal name is required. We feel that this promotes civil discussion and builds camaraderie.
2. Write in standard English, please. If u rit lik ths, we will delete your post.
3. Mature, grown-up behavior is required. Be helpful, polite, and respectful of the community: show-offs and know-it-alls need not apply, and using these forums for personal gain or to make speeches or give harangues is strictly prohibited.
4. Discuss and disagree respectfully. Different points of view and healthy disagreement are encouraged. Scornful, haughty put-downs or ad hominem comments will not be tolerated.
5. Copyright laws will be respected and we will not provide a haven for intellectual property pirates. Please reference all quoted material and provide a link or URL if possible.
6. Quality is king: think about your posts, make sure you know what you're talking about (not just repeating misinformation), do your homework, and provide references and links where appropriate. If you make a factual error, expect to be politely corrected.
7. Count to 10: if someone annoys you or raises your hackles, take some time before shooting off a zinger in reply. Try to understand the other person's perspective and think about how you can make your point in a helpful, constructive way. This is not the place for one-upsmanship, pointless arguing, needling, squabbling, and the like.
8. Any material of this kind is not allowed: obscene or vulgar, blasphemous, hateful, threatening, defamatory, harassing, insulting, sexually-oriented, pornographic, racist, or illegal; or any overt advertising other than what is permitted in the Want Ads. This includes posts, usernames, user profiles, and any photos and attachments. The owners of the IronMind Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time for any reason.
9. Stick with the topic of strength. This is not a forum to discuss politics, sex, religion, celebrities, pets, root canal experiences, or any other unrelated topics.
10. You are part of the IronMind Forum community. Be a good citizen, an active participant, someone who strives to improve, lead, help, teach and learn. Work to make the community a healthy, vibrant one and a safe place that you and all members enjoy being part of. Welcome newcomers, respect old-timers, give each person his/her due.
General Disclaimer: Although the administrators and moderators of the IronMind Board will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of IronMind Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.