Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 Arnold Strongman Classic

Four of five events have been announced:

The Strongman Deadlift, The Austrian Oak, The Cyr Dumbbell, The Timber Carry and and final event TBD.

http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/strongman-classic/

Any information about the fifth one?
    "Action cures fear"

Thanks Igor,
    Maybe the Stone of Steel would be considered? The fact that they don't want to announce it yet makes me feel like it will be a new event, so the stone of steel would make sense.

Comment

Stone of steel could be the fifth one, amateur Arnold strongman will have this event also.

I'm not sure, last two years were without stones, I think this one will be also.
      "Action cures fear"

Comment

Confirmed by Brian Shaw: It will be the bale tote, like last year but even heavier. (1544 lbs)

Comment

Carrying 700 kg on the human back...???

Unbelievable...
          "Action cures fear"

Comment

Brian says - frame carry 500 kg with straps.

"I would love, love to have a max stone load. Manhood stones have been a corner stone of strongman. It's just disappointing for me that Arnold Classic doesn't have a stone load. As a competitor I am very sad. I can lift much heavier stone than we've ever had in Arnold competition and I don't get a chance to show that." B Shaw

http://startingstrongman.com/2016/01...ced/#more-7265
            "Action cures fear"

Comment

I really don't like the idea of a heavier bale tote, this event isn't really spectacular to watch and could attract some serious injuries. It's also going to be nearly impossible for anyone to finish it, which will mean that centimetres might decide the Arnold Classic.

Comment

700 kg yoke is back breaking for even the strongest.

680 kg was the weight last year and only two of ten men (20%) finished it.

And they even add weight this year...? Is Terry Todd playing?
                "Action cures fear"

Comment

Great athlete list this year. Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, it looks like it will be:
                  1.Shaw
                  2. Savickas
                  3. Thor
                  4. Hall
                  5. Lalas
                  6. Kielikowski
                  7. Savatinov
                  8. Pritchett
                  9. Lysenko
                  10. Winner of Odd Haugen 's LA Fit Expo

Radz is the only guy I would have liked to see in there. Also great to see Lalas back, hopefully his body will hold up with this crazily heavy event. If he's in good shape I can only see him or Hall breaking the Shaw, Thor, Z monopoly at WSM. Finally I'm excited to see if Kielikowski will back up his great performance last year.

Comment

Considering the back problems that Lalas has had over the last 18 months, I don't know if it's a wise move competing in this type of contest.

Maybe Radz will do the Fit Expo?

Comment

Mikhail Shivlyakov takes the final spot. He narrowly beat out Nick Best at Odd's contest.

Comment

Slight change to the dumbbell event. There will now be an option do a 300lbs/136kgs dumbbell as well. A rep with this heavier bell beats any number of reps with the "lighter" bell. If you'd have said twenty years ago that this would be used in a comp people would have laughed at you
                        "Action cures fear"

Comment

These weights are sick. We can start a poll, that how many % athletes are surviving through that contest without injury. And the injuries are just getting more and more serious with that sort of weights. I just hope no one dies on stage.

Comment

Rogue Athlete and 3-time World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw is a big, big man. Weighing in at 420 lbs. and 6'8" tall, the Colorado native is a favorite to repeat his 2015 victory at the Arnold Strongman Classic. That is, unless 7-time Champion Žydrūnas Savickas has any say in the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJFYxTYLC_8
                            "Action cures fear"

Comment

There will be stone event, but not during official competition. Rogue Athlete Brian Shaw will attempt a world record stone lift of 555lbs. during the Rogue Record Breakers event at the 2016 Arnold Strongman Classic. To get a stone that heavy, Atlas Stone expert Steve Slater has to employ some creative technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdN9tG0mL8c

"Action cures fear"

Comment

Will anyone be attending? I.e., posting pics, live-blogging, tweeting, instagramming, facebooking, etc.?

Comment

The 2016 Arnold Strongman Classic — Looking ahead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUb4-I-2jIk
                                  "Action cures fear"

Comment

I've nosed around trying to find an update about the competition so far, but haven't found anything. Anyone else have any info or know where to look?

Comment

Scotty, I haven't found much. Their website isn't being updated in real time. Best thing I have found is watch twitter and instagram feeds and search the #arnold2016 hashtags...

Comment

Thanks. Really looking forward to the DL results. If everyone is healthy and at their best, Shaw, Big Z, Hall, Lalas, and maybe Savitinov could have a great battle.

Comment

Working...
                                        X