Worlds Strongest Man 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds Strongest Man 2018

"OK", anyone know or have any idea where next year's WSM is ??? We just have to go. Where would I like it, hmm, ??? San Francisco, Rio, Warsaw, Dubai, Cape Town, Hong Kong, some many places I have not seen yet. I wonder if Eddie will go for another one ???

Wayne

I doubt any mentions of WSM 2018 will be made until after this year's competition is aired over Christmas in the UK.

Realistically, Africa or Asia is probably the frontrunner to host it, somewhere in Europe would be nice but it's unlikely. Considering 4 American's have already qualified there is always a chance they might take it to USA.

Eddie Hall is gradually reducing his bodyweight, and if he's already stated his retirement I think he should stick by that statement.

Comment

Thx Neil,

Just thought there maybe someone who heard something, as I would thing the team are planning it all know, and know the location, and it would be nice to tell use here very early, as we could book and go.

Yes heard what Eddie said, was just hoping he might go for number two. As his strength in my opinion, was about the highest ever, of anybody.

Wayne

Originally posted by Neil Mitchell View Post
      I doubt any mentions of WSM 2018 will be made until after this year's competition is aired over Christmas in the UK.

Realistically, Africa or Asia is probably the frontrunner to host it, somewhere in Europe would be nice but it's unlikely. Considering 4 American's have already qualified there is always a chance they might take it to USA.

Eddie Hall is gradually reducing his bodyweight, and if he's already stated his retirement I think he should stick by that statement.

Comment

Qualified so far:-

1. B. Shaw, USA - Former WSM.
        2. T. Bjornsson, ISL - Runner-Up WSM 2017
        3. Z. Savickas, LIT - Former WSM. Giants Live Finals Winner
        4. K. Janashia, GEO - Giants Live Finals Runner-Up
        5. J-F Caron, CAN- 3rd Giants Live Finals, Canada's Strongest Man 2017
        6. R. Kearney, USA - Giants Live USA Winner
        7. N. Best, USA - Giants Live USA Runner-Up
        8. A. Derks, USA - 3rd Giants Live USA
        9. J. Arsjo, SWE - Sweden's Strongest Man 2017
        10. J. Pritchett, USA - America's Strongest Man 2017
        11. J. Hansson, SWE - 3rd Giants Live Sweden 2017
        Last edited by Neil Mitchell; 11-12-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I'd put quite a bit of money on Cheick Sanou, Mikhail Shivlyakov, Robert Oberst, Laurence Shahlaei and Terry Hollands to get an invite too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloi Fournier View Post
            I'd put quite a bit of money on Cheick Sanou, Mikhail Shivlyakov, Robert Oberst, Laurence Shahlaei and Terry Hollands to get an invite too.
            Eloi,

Without a doubt the usual suspects will be invited, I'm just putting together a list of who definitely has qualified.

Terry Hollands has cut a lot of weight, so I'm not surprised his last few performances have been below par.
            Robert Oberst has transformed himself as well, he's improved a lot and will be a guy to watch over the next few months.

Comment

Terry is probably going to clean bulk and improve his raw power in the upcoming months. I don't remember seeing OB in this kind of shape, he could be a contender to make the final with the right events.

Comment

According to a Swedish article in the Nörrkopings Tidningar, World's Strongest Man 2018 will take place in April in Indonesia.
                "Därmed ar han en av de finalklara till Varldens sterkeste man i Indonesien i april." Talking about Johannes Arsjo, this sentence translates to: "Thus he is one of the finals of the World's strongest man in Indonesia in April."

With Europe's Strongest Man taking place on April 7th, we can safely assume WSM 2018 will be late April in Indonesia.

Comment

Thx for letting us know.

Wayne

Originally posted by Eloi Fournier View Post
                  According to a Swedish article in the Nörrkopings Tidningar, World's Strongest Man 2018 will take place in April in Indonesia.
                  "Därmed ar han en av de finalklara till Varldens sterkeste man i Indonesien i april." Talking about Johannes Arsjo, this sentence translates to: "Thus he is one of the finals of the World's strongest man in Indonesia in April."

With Europe's Strongest Man taking place on April 7th, we can safely assume WSM 2018 will be late April in Indonesia.

Comment

Hi all,

I posted the Indonesia location for WSM to Big Z on Facebook, and he actually got back to me, he said; Not confirmed yet.

I hpe its there, it sounds nice.

Wayne

Comment

They usually confirm very close to competition time... that's how WSM is. Let's just say that at this point, it's likely to be in Indonesia.

Comment

Johannes Arsjo has confirmed that despite having qualified, he will skip WSM 2018.

However, Johnny Hansson and Martin Forsmark will be there.

Confirmed athletes / best guesses for WSM 2018:
                        1. Zydrunas Savickas (LTU)
                        2. Brian Shaw (USA)
                        3. Laurence Shahlaei (GBR)
                        4. Hafthor Julius Bjornsson (ISL)
                        5. Luke Stoltman (GBR)
                        6. Martins Licis (USA)
                        7. Terry Hollands (GBR)
                        8. Konstantine Janashia (GEO)
                        9. Jean-François Caron (CAN)
                        10. Mateusz Kieliszkowski (POL)
                        11. Nick Best (USA)
                        12. Robert Oberst (USA)
                        13. Mikhail Shivlyakov (RUS)
                        14. Matjaz Belsak (SLO)
                        15. Rob Kearney (USA)
                        16. Martin Forsmark (SWE)
                        17. Johnny Hansson (SWE)
                        18. Cheick "Iron Biby" Sanou (BFA)
                        19. Adam Derks (USA)
                        20. Graham Hicks (GBR)
                        21. Adam Bishop (GBR)
                        22. Paul Smith (GBR)

More invites will be given at Europe's Strongest Man in early April. The other participants will be chosen by the organisers.
                        Last edited by Eloi Fournier; 01-27-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Britain's Strongest Man - Results

1 Eddie Hall 72
                          2 Graham Hicks 65
                          3 Terry Hollands 54
                          4 Adam Bishop 54
                          5 Paul Smith 50
                          6 Luke Stoltman 46.5
                          7 Mark Felix 40
                          8 Mark Steele 31.5
                          9 Aaron Page 30
                          10 Ben Brunning 29
                          11 Ken Nowicki 26
                          12 Tom Stoltman 23
                          12 Daniel McElroy 23

Athletes 2 to 6 will probably have gained an invite to World's Strongest Man, which should be held in the Philippines in late April.

Comment

Eloi,

Don't forget Shahlaei will get an invite, so I guess that either Stoltman or Felix will miss out unless Hicks declines like he did last year or there is an injury.
                            Last edited by Neil Mitchell; 01-28-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

The Events for the Heats of WSM 2018:-
                              • Load and Drag or Load and Farmer’s Walk
                              • Truck Pull &/or Arm Over Arm &/or Toss (2 from these 3)
                              • Overhead Press (Dumbbell) or Overhead Press (Log)
                              • Squat with loading barrels or Deadlift with loading barrels
                              • Atlas Stones
                              Events for Final:-
                              • Frame Carry
                              • Car Deadlift
                              • Loading Race
                              • Truck Pull
                              • Max Overhead
                              • Atlas Stones

Comment

I have Shahlaei on my list as well in the comment above. Also, they have had 6 Brits at WSM pretty much every year which is why I considered top 6 to be a safe bet.

Comment

Didn't see that Eloi.

Eddie Hall doesn't look like he's lost much weight, I'm starting to wonder if he might just turn up to WSM, he's contracted until 2019.

Comment

How do you know it's Philippines, I thought it was Indonesia ???

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne G Rowley View Post
                                      How do you know it's Philippines, I thought it was Indonesia ???

Wayne
                                      It was confirmed to athletes at BSM last weekend.

Comment

Ok thx. Did they say what area ???

Wayne

Originally posted by Neil Mitchell View Post

It was confirmed to athletes at BSM last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                        X