Worlds Strongest Man 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds Strongest Man 2018

"OK", anyone know or have any idea where next year's WSM is ??? We just have to go. Where would I like it, hmm, ??? San Francisco, Rio, Warsaw, Dubai, Cape Town, Hong Kong, some many places I have not seen yet. I wonder if Eddie will go for another one ???

Wayne

I doubt any mentions of WSM 2018 will be made until after this year's competition is aired over Christmas in the UK.

Realistically, Africa or Asia is probably the frontrunner to host it, somewhere in Europe would be nice but it's unlikely. Considering 4 American's have already qualified there is always a chance they might take it to USA.

Eddie Hall is gradually reducing his bodyweight, and if he's already stated his retirement I think he should stick by that statement.

Comment

Thx Neil,

Just thought there maybe someone who heard something, as I would thing the team are planning it all know, and know the location, and it would be nice to tell use here very early, as we could book and go.

Yes heard what Eddie said, was just hoping he might go for number two. As his strength in my opinion, was about the highest ever, of anybody.

Wayne

Originally posted by Neil Mitchell View Post
      I doubt any mentions of WSM 2018 will be made until after this year's competition is aired over Christmas in the UK.

Realistically, Africa or Asia is probably the frontrunner to host it, somewhere in Europe would be nice but it's unlikely. Considering 4 American's have already qualified there is always a chance they might take it to USA.

Eddie Hall is gradually reducing his bodyweight, and if he's already stated his retirement I think he should stick by that statement.

Comment

Qualified so far:-

1. B. Shaw, USA - Former WSM.
        2. T. Bjornsson, ISL - Runner-Up WSM 2017
        3. Z. Savickas, LIT - Former WSM. Giant's Live Finals Winner
        4. K. Janashia, GEO - Giant's Live Finals Runner-Up
        5. J-F Caron, CAN- 3rd Giant's Live Finals, Canada's Strongest Man 2017
        6. R. Kearney, USA - Giant's Live USA Winner
        7. N. Best, USA - Giant's Live USA Runner-Up
        8. A. Derks, USA - 3rd Giant's Live USA
        9. J. Arsjo, SWE - Sweden's Strongest Man 2017

Comment

I'd put quite a bit of money on Cheick Sanou, Mikhail Shivlyakov, Robert Oberst, Laurence Shahlaei and Terry Hollands to get an invite too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloi Fournier View Post
            I'd put quite a bit of money on Cheick Sanou, Mikhail Shivlyakov, Robert Oberst, Laurence Shahlaei and Terry Hollands to get an invite too.
            Eloi,

Without a doubt the usual suspects will be invited, I'm just putting together a list of who definitely has qualified.

Terry Hollands has cut a lot of weight, so I'm not surprised his last few performances have been below par.
            Robert Oberst has transformed himself as well, he's improved a lot and will be a guy to watch over the next few months.

Comment

Terry is probably going to clean bulk and improve his raw power in the upcoming months. I don't remember seeing OB in this kind of shape, he could be a contender to make the final with the right events.

Comment

Working...
              X