The Golden Age of Chicago Iron...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golden Age of Chicago Iron...

This is my first post as I have just now joined iron Mind. A few details. I was born and raised in Chicago, I was bitten hard by iron fever when at 16 I attended the 1964 AAU Mr. America./Senior Nationals at my high school of Lane Technical. I also competed back in 'the daze' in AAU contests: Olympic lifting, Powerlifting, and Bodybuilding. I worked out at the Ravenswood Y, Irving Y, and the iconic Duncan. Trained among Grippaldi, Sergio, Emrich, and many other national-level/world level iron men. I worked at Norb Gruber's Bodybuilder Sports Shop for two years in '68 and '69. I still meet for lunch monthly with Bob Gajda, Bill Seno, and the usual suspects. I am lifetime drug free, am a degreed biologist, former paramedic. About 3 weeks ago Gajda and I were inducted into the National Fitness Hall of Fame. Click image for larger version

Name:	Muscle_Lunch-1-27-2017-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	60445 And the video link is an upload I did to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRQ...el=terrystrand

Click image for larger version

Name:	IXTAPA lo.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	60449 Cheap point and shoot camera, no Photoshop, no contest dieting, never any 'roids, no supplements...just a summer vacation grab shot on Playa Palmar beach in Ixtapa, Mexico when I was 46.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X