Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLD Nail training. sweep and crush in IM Pads from 50 degrees and full size gold in leathers/IMPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD Nail training. sweep and crush in IM Pads from 50 degrees and full size gold in leathers/IMPs

Im never ever on here, but since this is an IM cert I'm going after i felt it right to share some progress. My name is EJ and i don't know who knows me and who doesn't so i will give a quick bio.

I have been bending for 5 years this August. I got Red Nail certified back in 2011. since then i just tried to bend harder and bigger stuff in small and smaller wraps. Ive endured many injuries and made life long friends that mean the world to me. My goal was to be one of the best and i am still chasing that goal. I've bent everything from 3/8 rebar to 5/16 grade 8s.

this is a practice bend, so i took my time and dicked around a little bit. I will cert this bar, but when, i have no idea. you will see my name on that list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWx_-i8U0qo

thank you for taking the time to check it out. there will be more videos. the next video will be a sweep and crush from 30 degrees. don't know how it will go, but Hey, you never know until you try.

NINJA EDIT: here is a video from the other day of a full size gold in leathers and finished in IM Pads
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtgVGNiaoA
    Last edited by EJ Livesey; 07-20-2015, 01:20 PM.

Good to see you posting on here, E.J.! You are one of the strongest benders on the planet right now. And have been for a while. You, Tommy, and one or two of the Russian bending squad are my picks for strongest benders right now.
    http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

For those who aren't benders...bending the Gold is much like Certing a IM#4 gripper. The list of Gold Certs will never be big.
      The most difficult and most productive part of grip training...the time between workouts. -me

Comment

EJ,

It's dead - all the way dead. Hang it on the wall with the other victims. I'm not a bending guy, but I'm pretty [email protected]%# certain that what I saw on that video would qualify as an incredible display of strength.

Saw the video where that G8 bolt snapped, too. It's good to know you didn't let that derail your plan. Best of luck to you in your pursuit of the Gold Nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Edwards View Post
          Good to see you posting on here, E.J.! You are one of the strongest benders on the planet right now. And have been for a while. You, Tommy, and one or two of the Russian bending squad are my picks for strongest benders right now.
          Thank you for the kind words Ben. I've worked very hard to get to where I am. I am a decently strong bender, but not sure one of the strongest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Brous View Post
            For those who aren't benders...bending the Gold is much like Certing a IM#4 gripper. The list of Gold Certs will never be big.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. This is 110% the truth. Part of me believes IM designed this a a joke bar. But either way I'm up to the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Kinney View Post
              EJ,

It's dead - all the way dead. Hang it on the wall with the other victims. I'm not a bending guy, but I'm pretty [email protected]%# certain that what I saw on that video would qualify as an incredible display of strength.

Saw the video where that G8 bolt snapped, too. It's good to know you didn't let that derail your plan. Best of luck to you in your pursuit of the Gold Nail.
              Thanks for checking it out Joe. I am honored you took the time to watch this. This bar will be going up on the wall and the other gold done in leathers will be taken down and retired.

When I snapped the G8 it scared the hell out of me. Some one upstairs was definitely looking out for my well being.

Comment

Very impressive EJ! Good luck.

Comment

Welcome EJ. Not often someone comes from the GB and with positive intent to boot. Awesome bend by the way! I haven't started bending yet but my interest has come up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert artmont View Post
                    Very impressive EJ! Good luck.
                    Thank you sir. I really appreciate the kind words and you checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Hench View Post
                      Welcome EJ. Not often someone comes from the GB and with positive intent to boot. Awesome bend by the way! I haven't started bending yet but my interest has come up on it.
                      Thanks for the kind welcome Chuck. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't start ****, this is just a hobby for me. No reason to be a prick, you know? I've always kept to myself and bent just for me. I'm here to stay under the radar and bend.

There is no time like the present to start bending. You never know if you'll like it or have a talent until you try. Thanks for checking this out, there will be more to come. Not many more videos but a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Livesey View Post
                        ... ...

NINJA EDIT: here is a video from the other day of a full size gold in leathers and finished in IM Pads
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtgVGNiaoA
                        EJ,

Just noticed your NINJA EDIT and checked out that video. The Gold Nail doesn't stand a chance.

I also watched your “How to crush, tips and tricks” video. That's a really good instructional video, right there. Plus, it helped me to learn some of the terminology. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Kinney View Post

EJ,

Just noticed your NINJA EDIT and checked out that video. The Gold Nail doesn't stand a chance.

I also watched your “How to crush, tips and tricks” video. That's a really good instructional video, right there. Plus, it helped me to learn some of the terminology. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Joe,
                          Thank you so much for checking those out. It really means a lot. I'm going to do what I can with the gold nail, but that will be put on hold until after the AOBS dinner. I'm going to bend something big at the dinner. Just not sure what yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X