GOPD: Gripper Obsession Personality Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freddy hage View Post

I was pointing out the motivation and drive behind this obvious aggresive drive to raise as much doubt about joe kinney´s 4 close as possible and completely be blind and deaf of any evidence and circumstantial evidance given. and the throwing mud back and forth will obvious never and this way and it will send of a ripple effect.

If sorin and musselwhite spreaded these rumors for selfish reasons they deserve to look like fools.

p.s if someone comes across as a nice guy doesn´t make it so. Every bad guy can be nice on the surface.
    If he didn´t spread these rumors he probably is a nice guy with a twisted self image.
    . . . x 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Brett Hanson View Post

Yeah, I think that is a reasonable inquiry. I am uncertain however, if there are currently any subscribers to this theory.
      Brett -

So, can we all agree that the hoax theory was a hoax?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
        I'll take responsibility for (re)introducing the terms 'witness box' and 'evidence' into this discussion, as to paraphrase Randy they fit my views and preferences. For better or worse there are no penalties for Perjury or Contempt of Court in this case, of course.

Chris -

Not sure how you feel about this, but I think introducing the concept of a penalty box would be useful.

Comment

To be fair Sorin has also answered training questions, off and on, for a number of years now.
          Chris -

In fact, he has a gripper training course, doesn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Strossen View Post

Brett -

Looks like I missed a key phrase in my question so thank you understanding what I meant, anyway.

With at least the two of us interested, hopefully Sam or someone else can give us an answer.
            No problem,

I didn't have a lot of time last night but I did do a little digging on the GB trying to locate an answer but I came up empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by freddy hage View Post

I was pointing out the motivation and drive behind this obvious aggresive drive to raise as much doubt about joe kinney´s 4 close as possible and completely be blind and deaf of any evidence and circumstantial evidance given. and the throwing mud back and forth will obvious never and this way and it will send of a ripple effect.

If sorin and musselwhite spreaded these rumors for selfish reasons they deserve to look like fools.

p.s if someone comes across as a nice guy doesn´t make it so. Every bad guy can be nice on the surface.
              If he didn´t spread these rumors he probably is a nice guy with a twisted self image.
              Freddy anything we can say about Sorin can be said about you or me. Make a name for yourself and someone somewhere will have something negative to say about you. I've had it. I pay little attention to the whole 'what Sorin said about Joe'; debacle. But I'll allow for a moment it's true. What about anything else he does which is a positive?

I've also pointed out it's wasted energy. I've a local female friend who spends an (to my mind) awful amount of time worrying about what people say, why and so on. To the point of not wanting to use the gym 'if he's there'. I go to train and don't care whose in. If I can't get on a bit of kit that bothers me more.

So if, for example, I close a four and Richard had something to say about it... I wouldn't let it distract me in any way. The irony of me posting here isn't lost of course lol

Comment

Chris -

I didn't know this.
                http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

Chris -

Randy,

Possibly - I'll be honest, I don't keep up-to-date on the latest grippers training methods - but, like Ben says, if he does it's news to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post

Freddy anything we can say about Sorin can be said about you or me. Make a name for yourself and someone somewhere will have something negative to say about you. I've had it. I pay little attention to the whole 'what Sorin said about Joe'; debacle. But I'll allow for a moment it's true. What about anything else he does which is a positive?

I've also pointed out it's wasted energy. I've a local female friend who spends an (to my mind) awful amount of time worrying about what people say, why and so on. To the point of not wanting to use the gym 'if he's there'. I go to train and don't care whose in. If I can't get on a bit of kit that bothers me more.

So if, for example, I close a four and Richard had something to say about it... I wouldn't let it distract me in any way. The irony of me posting here isn't lost of course lol

Only if he spread these rumors then hes the negative one.
                    You say allow for a moment it´s true, how about anything else is a positive? this makes no sense to me. If he spreaded these rumors it´s an awful low thing to do. The positive is not going to help him on that.

And yes the naysayers should be ignored.

I rather talk strenghttraining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post

Steve -

Your first sentence is utter balderdash unless you, too, have maliciously spread false rumors about someone and then had one of your dimwitted friends take up the battle cry for you—all of this was done by Richard as he tried to cut someone off at the knees to make himself appear taller, as they say.

If you wanted to say that we're all imperfect and need to practice forgiveness rather than seek vengeance, I could go along with that, but until Richard either explains why things do not as we have laid them out here or offers a genuine apology to Joe Kinney, IronMind and me, I have some difficulty saying he's a swell guy.

Comment

• Ok, I can't stay quiet any longer! What is going on here on this site is pretty effing stupid, regardless of what side you're on. There's plenty of reasons to believe and disbelieve.
                        On one side we have Randall Strossen, the president of Ironmind, defending a cert which Ironmind keps. Yeah, can anyone say conflict of interest? Randall's opinion would be worth nill in any serious debate. So would Kinney's opinion, since he's the one's credibility we're debating. If he's honest and closed the #4 for real, he's going to defend his #4 cert. If he's dishonest and faked his #4 cert, he's going to defend his #4 cert. Same outcome regardless! He also clearly has a great conflict of interest, ergo his opinion is worthless. We have two witnesses who might or might not exist. We simply have to trust the ones with the conflict of interests regarding the witnesses, who's names will probably remain anonymous. And even if they don't, they will be brought forward by the ones with the conflict of interest, so would we even be able to trust the witnesses? So don't go on saying that there is no reason to disbelieve Kinney's cert. There's plenty of reasons! Why can't people see these kind of things?

But on the other hand. If you want to discredit Randall due to his conflict of interest. Well then you pretty much have to discredit all the Ironmind certification lists. I'm not willing to do that. So I'm willing to give Randall and Kinney the benefit of the doubt and ignore the potential conflict of interest. And have faith in them. So that I don't have to regard the entire Ironmind certification lists as faulty.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for all the stupid irrelevant comments made by all those who simply don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Wigren View Post
                          Ok, I can't stay quiet any longer! What is going on here on this site is pretty effing stupid, regardless of what side you're on. There's plenty of reasons to believe and disbelieve.
                          On one side we have Randall Strossen, the president of Ironmind, defending a cert which Ironmind keps. Yeah, can anyone say conflict of interest? Randall's opinion would be worth nill in any serious debate. So would Kinney's opinion, since he's the one's credibility we're debating. If he's honest and closed the #4 for real, he's going to defend his #4 cert. If he's dishonest and faked his #4 cert, he's going to defend his #4 cert. Same outcome regardless! He also clearly has a great conflict of interest, ergo his opinion is worthless. We have two witnesses who might or might not exist. We simply have to trust the ones with the conflict of interests regarding the witnesses, who's names will probably remain anonymous. And even if they don't, they will be brought forward by the ones with the conflict of interest, so would we even be able to trust the witnesses? So don't go on saying that there is no reason to disbelieve Kinney's cert. There's plenty of reasons! Why can't people see these kind of things?

But on the other hand. If you want to discredit Randall due to his conflict of interest. Well then you pretty much have to discredit all the Ironmind certification lists. I'm not willing to do that. So I'm willing to give Randall and Kinney the benefit of the doubt and ignore the potential conflict of interest. And have faith in them. So that I don't have to regard the entire Ironmind certification lists as faulty.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for all the stupid irrelevant comments made by all those who simply don't get it.
                          Wiggy -

Where's my conflict of interest? As you know, all I have ever said is that Joe Kinney more than satisfied the requirements for certification. Right?

Comment

Wiggy -

Where's my conflict of interest? As you know, all I have ever said is that Joe Kinney more than satisfied the requirements for certification. Right?
                            Wiggy -

Actually, this isn't correct because I've also attacked the direct lies spread about Joe Kinney re: his certification on the Captains of Crush No. 4 gripper, and that's really what we're talking about here, isn't it: the lies—where they came from and what motivated them, right?

Comment

Wiggy -

The conflict of interest is due to you being president of Ironmind. Maybe you fail to recognize your conflict of interest because of your conflict of interest... inception, for anyone who gets that joke.

Comment

Steve -

Your first sentence is utter balderdash unless you, too, have maliciously spread false rumors about someone and then had one of your dimwitted friends take up the battle cry for you—all of this was done by Richard as he tried to cut someone off at the knees to make himself appear taller, as they say.

If you wanted to say that we're all imperfect and need to practice forgiveness rather than seek vengeance, I could go along with that, but until Richard either explains why things do not as we have laid them out here or offers a genuine apology to Joe Kinney, IronMind and me, I have some difficulty saying he's a swell guy.
                                It's not. Note the use of the word 'anything' as opposed to the very specific allegations you make.

Comment

• David, 'Wait - whose Certification are we going into again?' As much as it pains me to admit it Di Caprio has turned into one of the finer Hollywood actors of his generation.

Comment

David, 'Wait - whose Certification are we going into again?' As much as it pains me to admit it Di Caprio has turned into one of the finer Hollywood actors of his generation.

Chris -

I got it that Wiggy was dazzling us with another movie allusion, but for those of us who missed this one (too), thank you for the details. Well done.

Comment

• Haha, I'm glad you guys got that one. I actually haven't seen the movie. I just know it from all the memes made from it. Anyways, like I was also saying. This list belong to Ironmind and Randall Strossen. Ultimately, it's up to Randall to say what's good or not. And if he says there are two witnesses that he checked and interviewed regarding Kinney's #4 cert, then that's good enough for me. At least good enough not to object having Kinney on the #4 list. But like I said, I also understand the critizm some make.

Edit- nevermind my spelling, my phone is acting up.

Comment

• BTW, did you guys notice Euclides (Silverbackgrip) is back? Well, sort of. He's making videos, but not closing any crazy grippers. Not yet at least http://instagram.com/p/wkPNifr28l/?modal=true Hopefully his injury is healed up by now. If he ever was injured, that is. But that is a different topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Wigren View Post
                                          BTW, did you guys notice Euclides (Silverbackgrip) is back? Well, sort of. He's making videos, but not closing any crazy grippers. Not yet at least http://instagram.com/p/wkPNifr28l/?modal=true Hopefully his injury is healed up by now. If he ever was injured, that is. But that is a different topic.
                                          Yeah, it will be an interesting time over the next two years if a lot of these current top guys stay healthy in their persuits. I can imagine we will at least be seeing a couple 3.5 certifications and it would be neat to see the elusive CCS 4 go down. Exciting times.

Comment

Working...
                                          X