GOPD: Gripper Obsession Personality Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Hench View Post

Yeah, it will be an interesting time over the next two years if a lot of these current top guys stay healthy in their persuits. I can imagine we will at least be seeing a couple 3.5 certifications and it would be neat to see the elusive CCS 4 go down. Exciting times.
    Chuck -

I'm on quite a losing streak in terms of predicting that the next person with certify on the Captains of Crush No. 4 in the coming year so maybe if I bite my tongue this time it will finally happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Strossen View Post

Chuck -

I'm on quite a losing streak in terms of predicting that the next person with certify on the Captains of Crush No. 4 in the coming year so maybe if I bite my tongue this time it will finally happen.
      Lol, sounds good. I don't think I dare to wager a bet either.

Comment

Chuck -

Haha, maybe that's what happened. You jinxed it!

Comment

• The next person to get Certified on the IronMind Captain of Crush Number 4 will be in December, 2015, and it is going to be Vano Sukhashvili.

Comment

• This is the year, for sure!

Comment

• Mike's picked his favorite but I'm curious if anyone's been following any of the guys who have certified on the No. 3.5 Captains of Crush gripper—are any of them dogging the CoC No. 4? Or, will it more likely be someone coming up fast, that might not really be on everyone's radar?

Comment

Mike's picked his favorite but I'm curious if anyone's been following any of the guys who have certified on the No. 3.5 Captains of Crush gripper—are any of them dogging the CoC No. 4? Or, will it more likely be someone coming up fast, that might not really be on everyone's radar?
                The only one I know of that is still going after it from the 3.5 list is Gabriel Sum but he is still not quite back to his old strength level pre injury of being able to no set close the 3.5 but he is approaching that level again.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see someone we haven't even heard of going after it. 2 weeks ago Christian Loewe performed 3 reps on the GHP 8 to get 3rd on the challenge right behind Jonathan Voghts 4 reps and I hadn't heard of him. Doesn't mean he hasn't been involved in the grip community, I don't know, but that is a high power level to stay under the radar compared to some others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Hench View Post

The only one I know of that is still going after it from the 3.5 list is Gabriel Sum but he is still not quite back to his old strength level pre injury of being able to no set close the 3.5 but he is approaching that level again.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see someone we haven't even heard of going after it. 2 weeks ago Christian Loewe performed 3 reps on the GHP 8 to get 3rd on the challenge right behind Jonathan Voghts 4 reps and I hadn't heard of him. Doesn't mean he hasn't been involved in the grip community, I don't know, but that is a high power level to stay under the radar compared to some others.
                  Chris competes in David Hornes comps. If it's the same Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post

Chris competes in David Hornes comps. If it's the same Chris

Is it? That isn't Chris McCarthy's nom de guerre is it?

Comment

Ha! 3 reps on the GHP 8? Sadly, no. If someone wants to send me one though I'd be pleased demonstrate as much...

Steve's met me on several different occasions, and I am not he.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris McCarthy View Post

Ha! 3 reps on the GHP 8? Sadly, no. If someone wants to send me one though I'd be pleased demonstrate as much...

Steve's met me on several different occasions, and I am not he.

Chris -

But will the guy who wanted Joe Kinney to prove his identity vouch for you? I mean, what if you're a closet closer?

Comment

No. Chris Lowe aka Christopher Lowe is 140-kilos etc. Mr McCarthy is not. We have more than one Chris interested in the matters of grip here in the UK lol. I've beaten both ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post

No. Chris Lowe aka Christopher Lowe is 140-kilos etc. Mr McCarthy is not. We have more than one Chris interested in the matters of grip here in the UK lol. I've beaten both ha ha
                            Steve -

I was only kidding about all that—in fact, haven't you been known to rib Chris M. because he does not compete, at least not in grip contests? I'd say we should be flattered that a guy who probably doesn't have GOPD feels the magnetic pull nonetheless, eagerly jumping in and participating on this thread.

Still, though, I've not ruled out that Chris is a bit of a closet closer. For all we know, maybe Chris even got an RGC-rated gripper for Christmas.

Comment

• LOL. There is that.

Comment

• Chris -

You're among friends here, so don't be afraid to come out and say, Yes, I am a gripper guy!

Comment

• Randy,

Ha - I try to do some gripper work everyday, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a Gripper Guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
                                    Randy,

Ha - I try to do some gripper work everyday, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a Gripper Guy.
                                    Chris -

Nice of your but there's no need to be so modest—I don't think Steve trains grippers every day, does he?

Comment

• I do not. Twice a week. In fact, leaving Chris alone for a second, I train with them less than most GB members both in terms of frequency and volume. I DO train other lifts and aspects of grip perhaps another 2x a week. If it's not in my log...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Corlett View Post
                                        The next person to get Certified on the IronMind Captain of Crush Number 4 will be in December, 2015, and it is going to be Vano Sukhashvili.
                                        That is what I said on December 19. I am changing my prediction. The next person to get Certified on the IronMind Captain of Crush Number 4 will be in November, 2015, and it is going to be Christian Loewe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Corlett View Post

That is what I said on December 19. I am changing my prediction. The next person to get Certified on the IronMind Captain of Crush Number 4 will be in November, 2015, and it is going to be Christian Loewe.
                                          Mike -

I wonder if Florian has ever met Christian?

Comment

Working...
                                          X