• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's RRBT, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Strossen View Post
      What's RRBT, please?
      I googled a bit and found that RRBT stands for Radical Reps Baseline Training, and that it's another gripper training course developed by Bill Piche, positioned as a precursor to his earlier gripper training course, Kinney Training Adapted (aka KTA).

Comment

• Did someone mention RRBT, or was that just a chance to crowbar another acronym into this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
          Did someone mention RRBT, or was that just a chance to crowbar another acronym into this thread?

Chris -

It was in an email IronMind got—it was from a guy who was talking about his gripper training.

Comment

Mike -

I wonder if Florian has ever met Christian?
            I have never met him in Person, but "talked" to him via Chat. Christian probably has the strongest crushing grip in Germany.
            Impressive Dynamoter (baseline) numbers:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al6EEtP10vE

Comment

• Had a guy who's an experienced and accomplished gripster swear to me that the Captains of Crush grippers in the black package are much tougher to close than the ones in the blue package were.

Of course, this puts the single-stamped vs. double-stamped thing in perspective, but the biggest lesson is to never underestimate the power of imagination, or the mind, if you prefer—people can will themselves to death, so imagining that the color of the package changes the strength of the gripper is mere child's play.

Comment

• Your post reminds me of the Coke versus Pepsi taste tests. The power of the mind cannot be underestimated, apparently. Either that or your black packages are incredibly powerful beyond compare.

Comment

Had a guy who's an experienced and accomplished gripster swear to me that the Captains of Crush grippers in the black package are much tougher to close than the ones in the blue package were.

Of course, this puts the single-stamped vs. double-stamped thing in perspective, but the biggest lesson is to never underestimate the power of imagination, or the mind, if you prefer—people can will themselves to death, so imagining that the color of the package changes the strength of the gripper is mere child's play.
                  The mind is a powerful thing, as you know! Mine isn't powerful enough though. I can't tell you how many times I went to sleep with the thought of "convincing" my brain that I was actually a lot stronger than what I was at the time (which was always) on the grippers. It never worked. But if I had to do it over again...
                  http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by WesOblander View Post
                    Your post reminds me of the Coke versus Pepsi taste tests. The power of the mind cannot be underestimated, apparently. Either that or your black packages are incredibly powerful beyond compare.
                    I think the black packages are exactly that...powerful beyond compare...

Comment

• Sorry to burst your bubble Randall. I'm pretty sure it was scientifically proven that black=harder!

Comment

• Wiggy -

I'm waiting with bated breath for the scientific proof you are "pretty sure" exists.

Comment

Wiggy -

I'm waiting with bated breath for the scientific proof you are "pretty sure" exists.

That's easy! The only gripper I've gotten in a blue package was a #2 and all the ones I've gotten with a black package has been a #3 or harder!

Comment

• deleted
                            Last edited by Ben Edwards; 02-25-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Wigren View Post

That's easy! The only gripper I've gotten in a blue package was a #2 and all the ones I've gotten with a black package has been a #3 or harder!

Just in case it escaped anyone I was joking. Obviously the color of the package isn't going to change the strength of the gripper. Given that the manufacturing and the material of the gripper remains the same the only varience is going to be the inherit varience in the steel of the spring. And that varience is not going to be effected by the color of the package it happens to be stored in.

Comment

Just in case it escaped anyone I was joking. Obviously the color of the package isn't going to change the strength of the gripper. Given that the manufacturing and the material of the gripper remains the same the only varience is going to be the inherit varience in the steel of the spring. And that varience is not going to be effected by the color of the package it happens to be stored in.

I would expect the grippers in the black packages to be weaker, due to being cooked faster by excessive heat absorbed by the black package

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob van Genugten View Post

I would expect the grippers in the black packages to be weaker, due to being cooked faster by excessive heat absorbed by the black package

You studied at Gent, didn't you? I always knew they produced brilliant minds!

Comment

• So true

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob van Genugten View Post
                                      So true
                                      One of my friends is currently getting her masters in chemistry in Gent.

Comment

One of my friends is currently getting her masters in chemistry in Gent.
                                        That's nice!
                                        Gent is a beautiful old city, many good memories there! The university is top ranked.
                                        As you know I started Chemistry first too, but after a while I decided for a different career and went to Gent.
                                        If you have the chance, definitely visit Gent once. Brugge is renowned for its beautiful centre, but Gent tops it!

Comment

I think he's serious.

Comment

Working...
                                          X