GOPD: Gripper Obsession Personality Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted
    Last edited by Joe Kinney; 08-09-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert artmont View Post

Definitely- no.
      EXACTLY!!!

The story at the Stark Center link is just another fairytale. It’s really pathetic that sorin would concoct this story, and then provide a plaster cast that proves his story is false. The plaster cast accurately depicts what it was made from. In this case, the cast was made from sorin’s hand holding a gripper in the fully open position. Our hero was probably quite relaxed during the process. Maybe he was reclining while a scantily clad woman fed him grapes – you know; king stuff.

We know he wasn’t holding a gripper closed 1” for ten minutes. We know he wasn’t holding a gripper closed at all. We know he was holding a fully open gripper in his hand for the cast making process. These are the facts.

Despite what sorin claims, the plaster cast he provided proves the story of his epic struggle to hold his RGC 160+ gripper closed 1” for ten minutes, twice, is absolute bull$#!+.
      Last edited by Joe Kinney; 08-17-2019, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Joe- I cant seem to use the quote function on this thread...I read a post by Randall that said you had sent him a video of you closing the no.4; is this a different video than the Get A Grip video?

Comment

Joe- I cant seem to use the quote function on this thread...I read a post by Randall that said you had sent him a video of you closing the no.4; is this a different video than the Get A Grip video?
          Robert,

This question has been asked and answered several times on this forum already - on this thread, and the "Beast" thread. This got me thinking, though... I've answered dozens of (maybe 100+) questions on this forum. Some were training questions, but the vast majority were more akin to interrogatories. When I tallied up the responses against the answers I received to my questions, a severe imbalance was evident. Well, I have questions too, and would like some answers. Starting a thread, and plainly listing some of my questions, might be a good way to get answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Kinney View Post

Robert,

This question has been asked and answered several times on this forum already - on this thread, and the "Beast" thread. This got me thinking, though... I've answered dozens of (maybe 100+) questions on this forum. Some were training questions, but the vast majority were more akin to interrogatories. When I tallied up the responses against the answers I received to my questions, a severe imbalance was evident. Well, I have questions too, and would like some answers. Starting a thread, and plainly listing some of my questions, might be a good way to get answers.
            For some reason I didn’t remember the question...heck, I probably was the one who asked back then. Just thought there were two videos; one to show Randall, and one when you made the training video.

Comment

For some reason I didn’t remember the question...heck, I probably was the one who asked back then. Just thought there were two videos; one to show Randall, and one when you made the training video.
              Yeah, you’ve asked that one before. No problem, Robert. There’s just one video of that event.

Comment

Robert Fazylzyanov wrote:

“Mister Kinney hello from Russia. I first learned about you from the Coc book.Thank you for promoting this kind of as grip
                Please tell me where you can watch the video of your certification Coc4. And could you tell what the effort of the method showed that RGC gripper?
                Thank you.”

Robert,

As I explained in a previous post, I only tested my home-made Monster Grippers. Therefore, I don't have RGC numbers for any of the CoC #4 grippers I've closed.

IronMind didn't require a video for certification purposes in 1998, and still does not. However, if such a certification video existed, it would most likely be locked in a safe in Texas along with a video of Sorin closing his Fantasy 4 gripper and another video of him closing a CoC #3 with only two fingers (and some of my mail that Sorin and his chump, Musselwhite, used to extort people with).

What you're referring to (a certification video) is something that is required by a different group. I did supply IronMind with a video of me closing a CoC #4 gripper, but this was done on my own accord – it was not required. I later made a training video that included footage of me closing a CoC #4 gripper. This video is named “Get A Grip with Joe Kinney”. You can find this video advertized online.
                It does seem like you’re talking about two videos here, Joe...that’s were the confusion may have got me.

Comment

It does seem like you’re talking about two videos here, Joe...that’s were the confusion may have got me.
                  Yeah, you're right. I made a mess out of that post. There's only one video of me closing a #4. Sorry for causing the confusion.
                  I see this as a good thing. If there were two such videos, I'd be getting twice as much grief.

Comment

• So with all the talk about the accusation that Joe "tampered" with the gripper to be able to close it, has anyone ever shown any possible way to tamper with a gripper enough to make a #4 as easy to close as a #2? People have said wild theories but nobody has ever shown proof that a gripper can be tampered with to that extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Hench View Post
                      So with all the talk about the accusation that Joe "tampered" with the gripper to be able to close it, has anyone ever shown any possible way to tamper with a gripper enough to make a #4 as easy to close as a #2? People have said wild theories but nobody has ever shown proof that a gripper can be tampered with to that extent.
                      Hey, Chuck

Like you; I’ve heard (read, really) lots of stuff about this. There are guys who claim they know how to do this. There are also guys who claim this could be what happened. Yeah; well, it could rain monkey $hit too, but I bet it won’t. Besides; whether or not it’s possible to do that to a gripper is a non- point. Other people have handed me their CoC #4 grippers, and I closed them on the spot. Total time in my possession was twenty seconds, or so. This is what I like to call Wigren’s ‘Magnus test’. No offence meant towards David, of course. His test makes a lot of sense.

With one guy (grip guy and all-around brute), it was really funny. I had to close his #4 (an old single stamped monster) a few times. I would close it and hand it back to him. He’d try it again, cuss his head off, and want to see me close it again. He made it clear how much he hated me, and that he wanted to stomp me into the ground. Then, we went to Dunkin Donuts and got coffee. He bought.

Nobody seems able to come up with the answer to this riddle. How is it that these other guys’ #4 grippers were easy when I closed them, but became impossible again when they were handed back to their owners?

Comment

Hey, Chuck

Like you; I’ve heard (read, really) lots of stuff about this. There are guys who claim they know how to do this. There are also guys who claim this could be what happened. Yeah; well, it could rain monkey $hit too, but I bet it won’t. Besides; whether or not it’s possible to do that to a gripper is a non- point. Other people have handed me their CoC #4 grippers, and I closed them on the spot. Total time in my possession was twenty seconds, or so. This is what I like to call Wigren’s ‘Magnus test’. No offence meant towards David, of course. His test makes a lot of sense.

With one guy (grip guy and all-around brute), it was really funny. I had to close his #4 (an old single stamped monster) a few times. I would close it and hand it back to him. He’d try it again, cuss his head off, and want to see me close it again. He made it clear how much he hated me, and that he wanted to stomp me into the ground. Then, we went to Dunkin Donuts and got coffee. He bought.

Nobody seems able to come up with the answer to this riddle. How is it that these other guys’ #4 grippers were easy when I closed them, but became impossible again when they were handed back to their owners?
                        Well Joe my point for bringing it up was that I've heard time and time again about you having to bear the burden of proof since it is such a "wild" claim. But while you went above and beyond the requirements for proof on your end, nobody has ever proven a gripper can be tampered with to make a #4 easy to close. Only conjecture and accusations based on misinformation.

Another I hear oft said is how your squats would've been impossible for even an elite level power lifter when they obviously didn't read your explanation on the matter. So their misinformation is having them see something as a lie, and when one lie is shown it's easy to make them jump to being a liar and a cheat all around.

Im not seeing a search function for this forum on mobile but going by memory of the post you used your arms to pull up as well as your legs to push making it much easier to move the weight. A whole body exercise not pure squats.

When people surround themselves by other yes men that all think alike and dont venture out of their little hole on that other forum then they will continue to be wilfully ignorant.

Comment

Well Joe my point for bringing it up was that I've heard time and time again about you having to bear the burden of proof since it is such a "wild" claim. But while you went above and beyond the requirements for proof on your end, nobody has ever proven a gripper can be tampered with to make a #4 easy to close. Only conjecture and accusations based on misinformation.

Another I hear oft said is how your squats would've been impossible for even an elite level power lifter when they obviously didn't read your explanation on the matter. So their misinformation is having them see something as a lie, and when one lie is shown it's easy to make them jump to being a liar and a cheat all around.

Im not seeing a search function for this forum on mobile but going by memory of the post you used your arms to pull up as well as your legs to push making it much easier to move the weight. A whole body exercise not pure squats.

When people surround themselves by other yes men that all think alike and dont venture out of their little hole on that other forum then they will continue to be wilfully ignorant.

Great point about the “wild” claim, Chuck. However, it shouldn’t seem too wild anymore, since others have closed #4s. I distinctly remember being told, by folks who claimed to be experts at this stuff, that bursting a can of beer or soda was impossible. They were adamant. They were certain. They were positive. … and the guy with ‘fifty years' of supposed grip expertise under his belt turned out to have the biggest mouth and the smallest brain in the bunch. Too funny!!!

It’s good that some guys are smart enough to ignore such fools, and continue towards their goals. There’s one guy who produced a video of himself bursting a can of beer. It was the same brand I like to burst. The sound wasn’t as earsplitting as when I burst them, but he’s definitely getting there. Hey, man; if you’re reading this – use thinner gloves. It’s obvious this guy isn’t going to let anyone set boundaries for him. He’s a real grown-up. Most guys his age aren’t. Sorry. That’s just how it is.

You’re quite right, Chuck. Pulling on those handles is something I readily admitted. With Fred Flintstone weights, scrap ‘weights’, and trees for a squat rack, there was no sense trying to abide by any rules. I was out there to subject the body to a severe workload – to force it to respond. It’s not as though I claimed an official record. If I was a secretive guy, I would have kept quiet about the ‘squatting’ – and the BTR training, the negatives, the simple tape on the handle, the Secret Weapon, handle extensions, the Monster Gripper, etc. Those guys would be even further behind me than they are now.

An entire essay could be written on your last sentence.

Thanks for writing, Chuck. Well done.

Comment

Chuck-
                            I'm no expert in this area, I can tell you this: a lot of spring companies offer custom products; you can get different types of springs, and they can even coil them like a gripper spring if you’re not talented enough to do it yourself.
                            but, if you can get a coiled spring the same diameter as a no.4 , and keep the arms longer for a full-length handle mount, that, in my mind, would make it easier. Remember these springs on a regular gripper probably don’t reach the middle of the handles when mounted- not even close.
                            Of course, like I said...I’m no expert. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Chuck-
                              I'm no expert in this area, I can tell you this: a lot of spring companies offer custom products; you can get different types of springs, and they can even coil them like a gripper spring if you’re not talented enough to do it yourself.
                              but, if you can get a coiled spring the same diameter as a no.4 , and keep the arms longer for a full-length handle mount, that, in my mind, would make it easier. Remember these springs on a regular gripper probably don’t reach the middle of the handles when mounted- not even close.
                              Of course, like I said...I’m no expert. Just thinking out loud.
                              Robert, Access to a spring manufacturer in 2019 vs 20 years prior when the internet was in its infancy should nullify that possibility. I'm also not positive that longer spring inside the handle would matter so long as the handle length doesn't change and there is no flex between the mounting.

Comment

Robert, Access to a spring manufacturer in 2019 vs 20 years prior when the internet was in its infancy should nullify that possibility. I'm also not positive that longer spring inside the handle would matter so long as the handle length doesn't change and there is no flex between the mounting.
                                Chuck-
                                you think that springs weren’t available 20 years ago? The internet thing was just to point out the variety these places have with springs.

Comment

Chuck-
                                  you think that springs weren’t available 20 years ago? The internet thing was just to point out the variety these places have with springs.
                                  It's not that they weren't available, more so that access to them was minuscule compared to today with the internet. If you didnt find something in the phone book or were in the steel manufacturing business you wouldn't be finding an identical spring to use for a gripper, the same thickness but with weaker metal. Especially since most steel these days comes from China.

Comment

It's not that they weren't available, more so that access to them was minuscule compared to today with the internet. If you didnt find something in the phone book or were in the steel manufacturing business you wouldn't be finding an identical spring to use for a gripper, the same thickness but with weaker metal. Especially since most steel these days comes from China.
                                    Well, Chuck, either way I was trying to throw something out there for your question. FYI- I obviously believe in Joe.

Comment

Well, Chuck, either way I was trying to throw something out there for your question. FYI- I obviously believe in Joe.
                                      I hear you Robert. It's good to hear possibilities of how gripper could be tampered with since that was the contrarians main point. So far nothing shown to actually work. I'd love for one of the people that believe in "tampering" to tell me what they think he did so I can go buy a #4 and video tape me doing said thing to the gripper. I'll mail the gripper to that person and laugh when they try to close it on video the way Joe did.

Comment

I hear you Robert. It's good to hear possibilities of how gripper could be tampered with since that was the contrarians main point. So far nothing shown to actually work. I'd love for one of the people that believe in "tampering" to tell me what they think he did so I can go buy a #4 and video tape me doing said thing to the gripper. I'll mail the gripper to that person and laugh when they try to close it on video the way Joe did.
                                        Chuck-
                                        I’ve always wondered what happens to a gripper spring when it’s coils are not allowed to spread? Anyone?

Comment

• I'm still alive and kicking. Is this grip forum? 😀
                                          http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                          X