Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a thrower at college and just found out i have the opportunity to throw in a highland games event. I was wondering if there are some good basic pointers, i dont know what i will be throwing yet so this is pretty spur of the moment, but any info would be appreciated.

Your going to be throwing 7 different events. It will be a tough hard day but one you will enjoy beyond anything prior. The athletes will shock you how gracious and helpful they are. Nothing in another sport can ready you for how great the people are in this sport. Enjoy.

Comment

i agree with Myles. the highland competitors are awesome. i started competiting 5 years ago and everyone supports each other. one awesome sport
      visualize it, plan it, lift it!!!

Comment

Depends what org you compete in but it could be nine events.
        As a college thrower you already have a head start on the average beginner especially on the stone throws.
        Go to the NASGA forum and find to see if there is a throwing group somewhere near you.
        They usually have all the implements to practice with and usually give some pretty good advice.
        Belated good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergus Gavin View Post
          I'm a thrower at college and just found out i have the opportunity to throw in a highland games event. I was wondering if there are some good basic pointers, i dont know what i will be throwing yet so this is pretty spur of the moment, but any info would be appreciated.
          Contrary to what anyone tells you....wear something under the kilt!

Comment

I do a pair of shoes!

Comment

Google and find some Games and events footage to get some idea of what each event consists of and the basics anyway of how to do each one. The Highland Games are really fun!

Comment

If you can turn a Caber your first time out YOU ARE A SAVAGE BEAST!

I never have had any luck...maybe someday I'll actually practice.
                Check out my blog and leave your comments:
                http://worldsstrongestscientist.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X