Off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off season

It is now late December, yet my focus is on March. In the gym hard and training for the goal of taking the field again. Looking to spring for the joy of throwing and being with my friends. But right now sowing to show them what I got done over the off season. Cheers and seasons greetings to my brothers in steel.

how about your brothers in rust?

myles, over the roar of my twanging tendons, creaking quads, and delapidated deltoids, i hear your season's salutations. this very day, i will hit the oly bar with renewed force, such that those bumpers fly high; the old crooked squat bar will ring with reps, one more than before !!

who knows what Spring will bring? (is that my light hammer there, waiting like a thing of Power for the hand that guides it into battle against the Frost Giants?)

Comment

Old Man Winter

what passes for a winter storm in tn just breezed through, an inch of snow, some ice, temps now in the 20s

which means it was time for some power cleans on my new Burgener bar, named after the famous teammate, usoc coach and college chum of yours truly.

i ran the propane heater for a while, but the wind is up, so the temp in my training area (10x10), sardonically called a "Florida Room", never got above freezing

which only means the bumpers didn't bounce quite as high; clearly some of myles' muleness has worn off on me again

Comment

Awesome

It is great to hear two of my highland heros going to go hard at it in the gym this year for a great return to the field!

I have decided myself to say [email protected]#$ the stupid pencil necked docs and get after it myself, knee be ****ed.

Hopefully I finally get to meet you Myles and I get to see and hang with you again Kent!
        Last edited by Brian Randell; 08-20-2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

brian - that's the spirit!! i remember throwing in games with you around the midwest, i always admired your form/technique. it seems like fifty years ago, it may have been five..

bit of advice, gradual increases in training intensity will bring you back faster than risking more injury by getting in a hurry. make haste slowly, you will succeed.

if the future holds a reunion on the field of honor, i will buy the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by kent durso View Post
            brian - that's the spirit!! i remember throwing in games with you around the midwest, i always admired your form/technique. it seems like fifty years ago, it may have been five..

bit of advice, gradual increases in training intensity will bring you back faster than risking more injury by getting in a hurry. make haste slowly, you will succeed.

if the future holds a reunion on the field of honor, i will buy the first round.

You've got it brother! I am taking a new approach. I used to really rush things and think ' I need to be at X place throwing or lifting wise by Y time'. Now, I want to do this for many years to come, so I am going to just take it as it comes.

As for as training, Deadlifts are the key for me as squatting is out.
            Last edited by Brian Randell; 07-29-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Oh and Kent, get a facebook page already

Comment

Working...
              X