Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregor Edmunds Training

Hello all,
    Given the fact that Gregor Edmunds is setting some ridiculous records of late (he's obviously the man right now in highland competition... chucking the 28 for 95 +; unbelievable strength)... I was wondering if Dr. Strossen or anyone else had an idea about Gregor's offseason weight training... he obviously does alot of work on throwing the implements (for his whole life, I'm sure) but what kind of offseason weightroom work does he do? As always any info is appreciated, and thanks again to Ironmind for the great forum.
    J.

Jacob -

Thanks much for your interest in this - I just asked Gregor if he could make a comment.

Comment

It would be great to hear how a champion highlander trains, there seems quite a lack of info for this type of training.

Comment

Maybe the top tier throwers are afraid of their secrets to success getting out in the world. I too would love to hear what Gregor is doing for throws training and weight lifting.
        Check out my blog and leave your comments:
        http://worldsstrongestscientist.blogspot.com

Comment

Alot of the world's best HG post on the NASGA board. Some keep training journals there while most chime in on different subjects.
          Guys such as Sean Betz(World Champion), Harrison Bailey III, Dan McKim(World Champion), etc.

Out of curiosity, has Gregor ever competed at World's? I don't recall ever seeing him in the lineup with those guys.
          North American Highlander Association, Inc.
          "The Ultimate Test of Strength and Athleticism"
          www.nahighlander.com

Comment

Originally posted by D.J. Satterfield View Post
            Out of curiosity, has Gregor ever competed at World's? I don't recall ever seeing him in the lineup with those guys.

Gregor Edmunds Wins Highland Games World Championships

Comment

Gregor might have won, but it was David Barron who got his photo in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/sp... barron&st=cse

Comment

Working...
              X