No announcement yet.

Crazy Stone Workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Travis I will keep you updated. I know that not all concerte is created equal, and I wonder if there is a heavier version. I used high fiber for my garage and I wonder it it is heavier then quick set. I'll try to find out and let you know.

George

Comment

Steve Slater has probably made more stones than anyone ever has - he's also a great guy. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll fix you right up with informati9on.

Comment

Natural Stone Clean & Press
        141 X 100 in 1 hour and 44 minutes

Clean and press each rep from ground.

DISCLAIMER
        If you have to ask "what does that do", "what is the purpose of doing that"...try it yourself and you'll be able to answer your own questions.

Comment

Dave you're a beast.

George

Comment

100 pound granite sphere.

Clean and press each rep from the ground.

60 minute time limit - 215 reps.

Tired and sore.
            Train hard, eat well, rest sufficiently and repeat. Sounds simple? It is!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Rice View Post
              Steve Slater has probably made more stones than anyone ever has - he's also a great guy. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll fix you right up with informati9on.
              You can say that again. Steve Slater's gotta be one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

Jedd

Comment

Dave and Steve,

Very, very nice lifting indeed.

The overhead element really makes it a total body workout , bet you were both blowing by the end !

Roger

Comment

Dave,

I have got my "little task" out of the way now (see stonelifting thread) , and looking forwards to doing some high rep stonelifting next year.

Will keep you posted.

Roger

Comment

Roger,

You are one guy who can relate to the high rep stone lifting. The overhead element is great, and by the end, I was happy to accomplish what I did because I exceeded my expectations. It is hard to keep the pace up for so long a time. The food consumed since that day has been enough to feed a small family each day. That is the fun part and the reward for working hard.

Comment

@ Roger - Now I know exactly what you mean with getting something out of the way. That ain't no simple task neither. Sick job man! I look forward to reading about your stone battles to come too. From one guy that actually works hard to another, I truly appreciate it man. Thanks.

You're also on the $ with the overhead stone lifting being an oxygen constrictor. At some points it legitimitely felt like I was getting choked. I have the bruises on my upper chest to prove it. The only people who know about that type of stuff are the ones like me, you, Steve, Pat and others that do the work. Each one of these stone workouts is a tale in itself. So many things happen during the journey including moments of self-doubt, perseverance, mental toughness, and physicality. As you know, it's brutal to do but great when it's all over.

It's in the "DOING".

Comment

@ Steve - That workout is almost impossible to comprehend unless a person actually tries it. Just an incredible display of everything human. World class strength.

Comment

This thread has been very inspirational for me. I don't have a stone available so I used a 100 lb heavy bag and tried lifting it over my head. It is quite a workout. I have a long way to go before I will be able to post impressive numbers though. I did 20 reps but my movement was not very efficient.

Comment

@ Jeff - Glad to see you took the ball into your own hands instead of watching from the sidelines. It'll take some time but you will be very strong soon. Enjoy the journey. Train once, heal, and train again.

Comment

Jeff,

Nice job with something that is very awkward to handle. Just keep chipping away a couple of reps more each training session, and within a few months, a 100 rep workout will be under your belt.

Comment

Thanks Dave and Steve,
                                I don't feel bad today so maybe it was the newness and awkwardness of the workout that forced me to stop. I'll give it a day or two and see what I can do.

Comment

December 8, 2010

345 Natural Stone X 28 Lifts
                                  1 Hour (60 minutes)

All lifts performed over a 40" platform height (55 gallon barrel w/spare rubber tire on top). Stone remained in my posession for the entire load and deload portions of the lift. Most lifts were bear hug but towards the end it was one hand on the bottom, one hand on the side style. A definite war. Chalk used, no supportive gear used. A good time and this represents a pace that makes sense for me. It looks slow on the screen but until you try it, you'll never know. I'd like to see the guru's attack a big natural stone like that but maybe it's not on the exercise template for the day...

Bodyweight - 251

Comment

Great effort there Dave. Having lifted that very stone quite a few times myself, I know what it takes to lift it. 28 times in an hour is a quick pace. Those rest periods go by really fast as "the gas you run on" leaves your body. I think you will find stonelifting on the back of that template you have. Just look carefully, it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Weiner View Post
                                      Great effort there Dave. Having lifted that very stone quite a few times myself, I know what it takes to lift it. 28 times in an hour is a quick pace. Those rest periods go by really fast as "the gas you run on" leaves your body. I think you will find stonelifting on the back of that template you have. Just look carefully, it is there.
                                      Thanx Steve! You know what, you are absolutely correct. Stone lifting WAS on the back on the template I have, right next to doing deadlifts at three different times. I am still pretty sore from the session. A brutalizer.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgVCCsWiJmI

Here's what I have been working on with each lift. Stone carry progression is as follows;

1. Lift
                                        2. Lift & Hold
                                        3. Lift & Carry

Forget bent over barbell rows and all other accessory stuff. To get good with stone lifting and carrying you have to prepare specifically by doing it. I do it. There's plenty others around the world doing it too. It's in the "DOING".

Comment

That is real work right there. A very uncomfortable lift that takes mental ammunition to make happen. Next time, try a 25 pound chunk of cement on the beach. That is a real challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X