Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Hey Karl - Find any boulders to throw around yet? How's it goin'?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Weiner View Post
    312 pound natural stone. 55 singles to chest height in 72 minutes. My refrigerator is going to have to be refilled after all the eating that will be done to recover from this session.
    Nice work mang. No doubt you will need to eat the fridge after that one. I bet you didn't need a template to tell you when it was time to undertake this challenge! I bet you didn't look at your age on a piece of paper and say, "I'm too old for this". I would also like to add that just lifting your 312 pound natural ONCE is likely to be a max effort lift for many a men considering the fact you used chalk only on your hands. Now enter the reality that you did it 55 times. It also needs to be mentioned that your work done represents an all in one physical training experience. As you know you will receive strength, cardiovascular and mental toughness benefits from it. This will likely go over the heads of the template gurus who have to differentiate everything but the guys who do the real work like us know what it's all about. Way to go man, as always I respect your work and admire it. Props.
    Last edited by Dave Lemanczyk; 02-17-2011, 09:54 AM. Reason: mad props

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    312 pound natural stone. 55 singles to chest height in 72 minutes. My refrigerator is going to have to be refilled after all the eating that will be done to recover from this session.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Lemanczyk View Post
    Awesome work there Dave!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    408 pound stone lift
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Karl Franzenburg View Post
    That does it then. I am just going to have to go find a stone and lift it until I can't lift it any more. This is new to me. Sounds fun, in a torturing way.
    Karl, that's a great attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Karl Franzenburg
    replied
    That does it then. I am just going to have to go find a stone and lift it until I can't lift it any more. This is new to me. Sounds fun, in a torturing way.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Latest training updates with natural stones. WARNING, adult language.

355 natural stone lift
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

370 natural stone lift

396 natural stone lift

@ Karl - I do it because I like to do it. The benefits have to be felt to be understood.

Leave a comment:

• Karl Franzenburg
    replied
    I am new here and have been reading about the stone lifts, especially the "see how many you can do in x amount of time". My question is, are these workouts a regular part of your programs or are they used occasionally to test yourself? If they are a regular part of your programs, what is the greatest benefit you see from doing them?

Thanks,

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    When I have money to burn, I'll take a trip across the pond to dominate the Kviahellan. Until then, I will continue the brutal work done here in Long Island, NY. I appreciate the confidence guys. It'll get done.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Strossen
    replied
    Bill -

Great stuff - just reading this got me fired up for Dave and other guys.

Dave -

Check Icelandic Air - they must fly out of at least one of the NY-area airports and you can probably find a good fare.

Rock on.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Crawford
    replied
    The Stone is there and waiting. Train hard, believe and go fulfill a destiny.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Randall Strossen
    replied
    Bill -

This sounds like a plan - someone's going to be first New Yorker to hit Full Sterkur status . . . What do you think, Dave?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Crawford
    replied
    Dave, it sounds like you need to go to Iceland and give The Husafell Stone a try.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    @ Peter & Roger I appreciate the shout. The bear hug squats with the 345 stone are a direct result of the time I spent training with 1/4 kegs, 1/2 kegs, full whiskey barrels, and 55 gallon drums. By making them a major part of my training life, I have been able to hold stones like that 345 securely enough to be able to do the 20 rep squats without the bear hug ever being the issue at hand. It also make distance carries with very heavy objects easier for me. It's a very painful training process but one I embrace. No pain, no gain.

@ Chris & Nick, if I was in front of the Khavellan stone right now, I would pick it up and go for a good walk no doubt. It really wouldn't be a big deal for me, just another stone. Keeping it real.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Rice
    replied
    No doubt this kind of training would lead to a great chance of doing the full circle of the pen. I don't do carries like this often but the chest compression is always the first thing I notice.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Rosendaul
    replied
    I bet it would get picked Chris if not picked and walked with. Strong stone lifting guys.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Rice
    replied
    Have you guys considered a trip to try the Husafell Stone?

Leave a comment:

• Roger Davis
    replied
    Dave,

Santa gave me a bad head cold for Christmas .... stonelifting will resume soon !

Great lifting and a happy new year to you.

Roger

Leave a comment:

• Peter Robert Jensen
    replied
    Great feat of strength!

Dave,

345 pounds and 20 reps - truly amazing!

Great work!

Peter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X