Crazy Stone Workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Weiner View Post
    That is real work right there. A very uncomfortable lift that takes mental ammunition to make happen. Next time, try a 25 pound chunk of cement on the beach. That is a real challenge.
    You're right Steve, dead on correct. Lots of folks talk about doing work but few actually DO WORK.

Comment

312 Pound natural stone.

Object: Load to three foot high barrel, let go of stone, grab stone, unload from barrel, lower under control to the floor. Do this for as many reps as possible in 60 minutes.

No tacky used, only some chalk.

Result: 42 reps, soreness and a large appetite.
      Train hard, eat well, rest sufficiently and repeat. Sounds simple? It is!

Comment

That is epic work

Comment

Steve,

This is a very high level workout indeed.

Lift
          Soreness
          Eat.

What more could you want in life.

Roger

Comment

Checked out the vid,Dave, looks heavy! I also looked at the video of the kinda square block/stone pressing. That's what I do with a tractor wheel weight that weighs around 140-150#'s. I have a kind of round granite boulder that's about 60#s (higher reps) but I'm still looking for a heavier stone to train with.

Comment

Steve,

Set the clock for 30 minutes and clean and press your 60 pound stone as many times as possible. See how you like that. It is a very thorough workout.

Comment

I'll have to give it a go sometime. Yesterdays workout was shoveling the 4-5" of snow off the driveway and sidewalks followed by some dumbbell lifting.

Comment

345 Natural Stone Bear Hug Squats X 20 Reps

Put me on the floor for at least fifteen-twenty minutes. A major PR for me largely due to the support of the guys around me today namely Austin & Steve Weiner, Steve Abromowitz and Len Spero. Chalk used. Legs were rocked for an hour. 20 rep squats with a stone is no joke mangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Lemanczyk View Post
                    345 Natural Stone Bear Hug Squats X 20 Reps

Put me on the floor for at least fifteen-twenty minutes. A major PR for me largely due to the support of the guys around me today namely Austin & Steve Weiner, Steve Abromowitz and Len Spero. Chalk used. Legs were rocked for an hour. 20 rep squats with a stone is no joke mangs.
                    One of the greatest feats of strength that I have ever witnessed. Very inspiring stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Weiner View Post
                      One of the greatest feats of strength that I have ever witnessed. Very inspiring stuff.
                      Steve I appreciate that man, I know you've seen a lot. Man, am I glad it's over!:;hy)

Comment

345 Stone Carry x 61 yards.

This was a 61 yard bear hug carry with a turn at 30 yards. I used chalk on my hands. Wet and icy conditions prohibited me from more distance. It just wasn't too safe to push the carry to the bitter end. I will upload a video link to this fun later on tonight. My chest compression strength is very strong right now. Much to be said from all the barrel work over the last decade.

411 x 5 (lap singles)

I got my 411 natural stone on my lap five different times. It is such a difficult stone to figure out. It's shape makes it difficult to balance. One of these training sessions, I will figure it out and then walk with it. It didn't happen today but I was close. Chalk on the hands.

Bodyweight 264.1

Comment

Great feat of strength!

Dave,

345 pounds and 20 reps - truly amazing!

Great work!

Peter

Comment

Dave,

Santa gave me a bad head cold for Christmas .... stonelifting will resume soon !

Great lifting and a happy new year to you.

Roger

Comment

Have you guys considered a trip to try the Husafell Stone?

Comment

I bet it would get picked Chris if not picked and walked with. Strong stone lifting guys.

Comment

No doubt this kind of training would lead to a great chance of doing the full circle of the pen. I don't do carries like this often but the chest compression is always the first thing I notice.

Comment

@ Peter & Roger I appreciate the shout. The bear hug squats with the 345 stone are a direct result of the time I spent training with 1/4 kegs, 1/2 kegs, full whiskey barrels, and 55 gallon drums. By making them a major part of my training life, I have been able to hold stones like that 345 securely enough to be able to do the 20 rep squats without the bear hug ever being the issue at hand. It also make distance carries with very heavy objects easier for me. It's a very painful training process but one I embrace. No pain, no gain.

@ Chris & Nick, if I was in front of the Khavellan stone right now, I would pick it up and go for a good walk no doubt. It really wouldn't be a big deal for me, just another stone. Keeping it real.

Comment

Dave, it sounds like you need to go to Iceland and give The Husafell Stone a try.

Bill

Comment

Bill -

This sounds like a plan - someone's going to be first New Yorker to hit Full Sterkur status . . . What do you think, Dave?

Comment

The Stone is there and waiting. Train hard, believe and go fulfill a destiny.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                          X