X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    345 Stone Carry x 61 yards.

This was a 61 yard bear hug carry with a turn at 30 yards. I used chalk on my hands. Wet and icy conditions prohibited me from more distance. It just wasn't too safe to push the carry to the bitter end. I will upload a video link to this fun later on tonight. My chest compression strength is very strong right now. Much to be said from all the barrel work over the last decade.

411 x 5 (lap singles)

I got my 411 natural stone on my lap five different times. It is such a difficult stone to figure out. It's shape makes it difficult to balance. One of these training sessions, I will figure it out and then walk with it. It didn't happen today but I was close. Chalk on the hands.

Bodyweight 264.1

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Weiner View Post
    One of the greatest feats of strength that I have ever witnessed. Very inspiring stuff.
    Steve I appreciate that man, I know you've seen a lot. Man, am I glad it's over!:;hy)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Lemanczyk View Post
    345 Natural Stone Bear Hug Squats X 20 Reps

Put me on the floor for at least fifteen-twenty minutes. A major PR for me largely due to the support of the guys around me today namely Austin & Steve Weiner, Steve Abromowitz and Len Spero. Chalk used. Legs were rocked for an hour. 20 rep squats with a stone is no joke mangs.
    One of the greatest feats of strength that I have ever witnessed. Very inspiring stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    345 Natural Stone Bear Hug Squats X 20 Reps

Put me on the floor for at least fifteen-twenty minutes. A major PR for me largely due to the support of the guys around me today namely Austin & Steve Weiner, Steve Abromowitz and Len Spero. Chalk used. Legs were rocked for an hour. 20 rep squats with a stone is no joke mangs.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Friedrich
    replied
    I'll have to give it a go sometime. Yesterdays workout was shoveling the 4-5" of snow off the driveway and sidewalks followed by some dumbbell lifting.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Steve,

Set the clock for 30 minutes and clean and press your 60 pound stone as many times as possible. See how you like that. It is a very thorough workout.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Friedrich
    replied
    Checked out the vid,Dave, looks heavy! I also looked at the video of the kinda square block/stone pressing. That's what I do with a tractor wheel weight that weighs around 140-150#'s. I have a kind of round granite boulder that's about 60#s (higher reps) but I'm still looking for a heavier stone to train with.

Leave a comment:

• Roger Davis
    replied
    Steve,

This is a very high level workout indeed.

Lift
    Soreness
    Eat.

What more could you want in life.

Roger

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    That is epic work

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    312 Pound natural stone.

Object: Load to three foot high barrel, let go of stone, grab stone, unload from barrel, lower under control to the floor. Do this for as many reps as possible in 60 minutes.

No tacky used, only some chalk.

Result: 42 reps, soreness and a large appetite.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    That is real work right there. A very uncomfortable lift that takes mental ammunition to make happen. Next time, try a 25 pound chunk of cement on the beach. That is a real challenge.
    You're right Steve, dead on correct. Lots of folks talk about doing work but few actually DO WORK.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    That is real work right there. A very uncomfortable lift that takes mental ammunition to make happen. Next time, try a 25 pound chunk of cement on the beach. That is a real challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's what I have been working on with each lift. Stone carry progression is as follows;

1. Lift
    2. Lift & Hold
    3. Lift & Carry

Forget bent over barbell rows and all other accessory stuff. To get good with stone lifting and carrying you have to prepare specifically by doing it. I do it. There's plenty others around the world doing it too. It's in the "DOING".

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Great effort there Dave. Having lifted that very stone quite a few times myself, I know what it takes to lift it. 28 times in an hour is a quick pace. Those rest periods go by really fast as "the gas you run on" leaves your body. I think you will find stonelifting on the back of that template you have. Just look carefully, it is there.
    Thanx Steve! You know what, you are absolutely correct. Stone lifting WAS on the back on the template I have, right next to doing deadlifts at three different times. I am still pretty sore from the session. A brutalizer.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Great effort there Dave. Having lifted that very stone quite a few times myself, I know what it takes to lift it. 28 times in an hour is a quick pace. Those rest periods go by really fast as "the gas you run on" leaves your body. I think you will find stonelifting on the back of that template you have. Just look carefully, it is there.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    December 8, 2010

345 Natural Stone X 28 Lifts
    1 Hour (60 minutes)

All lifts performed over a 40" platform height (55 gallon barrel w/spare rubber tire on top). Stone remained in my posession for the entire load and deload portions of the lift. Most lifts were bear hug but towards the end it was one hand on the bottom, one hand on the side style. A definite war. Chalk used, no supportive gear used. A good time and this represents a pace that makes sense for me. It looks slow on the screen but until you try it, you'll never know. I'd like to see the guru's attack a big natural stone like that but maybe it's not on the exercise template for the day...

Bodyweight - 251

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Gullicksen
    replied
    Thanks Dave and Steve,
    I don't feel bad today so maybe it was the newness and awkwardness of the workout that forced me to stop. I'll give it a day or two and see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Jeff,

Nice job with something that is very awkward to handle. Just keep chipping away a couple of reps more each training session, and within a few months, a 100 rep workout will be under your belt.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    @ Jeff - Glad to see you took the ball into your own hands instead of watching from the sidelines. It'll take some time but you will be very strong soon. Enjoy the journey. Train once, heal, and train again.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Gullicksen
    replied
    This thread has been very inspirational for me. I don't have a stone available so I used a 100 lb heavy bag and tried lifting it over my head. It is quite a workout. I have a long way to go before I will be able to post impressive numbers though. I did 20 reps but my movement was not very efficient.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X