Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    @ Steve - That workout is almost impossible to comprehend unless a person actually tries it. Just an incredible display of everything human. World class strength.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    @ Roger - Now I know exactly what you mean with getting something out of the way. That ain't no simple task neither. Sick job man! I look forward to reading about your stone battles to come too. From one guy that actually works hard to another, I truly appreciate it man. Thanks.

You're also on the $ with the overhead stone lifting being an oxygen constrictor. At some points it legitimitely felt like I was getting choked. I have the bruises on my upper chest to prove it. The only people who know about that type of stuff are the ones like me, you, Steve, Pat and others that do the work. Each one of these stone workouts is a tale in itself. So many things happen during the journey including moments of self-doubt, perseverance, mental toughness, and physicality. As you know, it's brutal to do but great when it's all over.

It's in the "DOING".

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    Roger,

You are one guy who can relate to the high rep stone lifting. The overhead element is great, and by the end, I was happy to accomplish what I did because I exceeded my expectations. It is hard to keep the pace up for so long a time. The food consumed since that day has been enough to feed a small family each day. That is the fun part and the reward for working hard.

Leave a comment:

• Roger Davis
    replied
    Dave,

I have got my "little task" out of the way now (see stonelifting thread) , and looking forwards to doing some high rep stonelifting next year.

Will keep you posted.

Roger

Leave a comment:

• Roger Davis
    replied
    Dave and Steve,

Very, very nice lifting indeed.

The overhead element really makes it a total body workout , bet you were both blowing by the end !

Roger

Leave a comment:

• Jedd Johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Rice View Post
    Steve Slater has probably made more stones than anyone ever has - he's also a great guy. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll fix you right up with informati9on.
    You can say that again. Steve Slater's gotta be one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

Jedd

Leave a comment:

• Steve Weiner
    replied
    100 pound granite sphere.

Clean and press each rep from the ground.

60 minute time limit - 215 reps.

Tired and sore.

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    Dave you're a beast.

George

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Natural Stone Clean & Press
    141 X 100 in 1 hour and 44 minutes

Clean and press each rep from ground.

DISCLAIMER
    If you have to ask "what does that do", "what is the purpose of doing that"...try it yourself and you'll be able to answer your own questions.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Rice
    replied
    Steve Slater has probably made more stones than anyone ever has - he's also a great guy. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll fix you right up with informati9on.

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    Ok Travis I will keep you updated. I know that not all concerte is created equal, and I wonder if there is a heavier version. I used high fiber for my garage and I wonder it it is heavier then quick set. I'll try to find out and let you know.

George

Leave a comment:

• Travis Willingham
    replied
    I have an 18" slaters mold that I've made a few stones with. The 45 pounds of lead will not give you 45 pounds of carry over due to the amount of concrete that will be displaced by the insert. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking it'll add about 40 pounds if it's lead. I think it's around 90% for lead and 75% for steel.

I'm wanting to make a new 300 stone and I'm debating on doing it in an 18" or a 20." The 300# at a gym where I used to lift was a 20" but I want one to keep at home that goes 300-310 but I only own an 18" mold. So I'm interested on how yours comes out. Keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    I have a Slater's 18" mold. Slater's says that a 18" stone weighs 240, but mine is 250. We weighed it. I also have the 45 lbs. lead insert. So, I'm pretty sure my new stone will be very close to 300 lbs. The Slater molds are great for anyone wanting Atlas stones for a good price.

George

Leave a comment:

• Travis Willingham
    replied
    Originally posted by George Phipps View Post
    Thanks Dave,

I'll let you know how it goes when I get it poured.

George
    What size mold are you using?

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    Thanks Dave,

I'll let you know how it goes when I get it poured.

George

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Thanx George, I appreciate the sentiment man. Glad to hear your kickin' a** over there! Just so you know, there aren't too many guys that can lift a 300 pound stone without tacky. Have fun with it and listen to your body. Stones can be brutal.

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    That is awesome. I compete in powerlifting, but I love strongman stuff. Keep posting the crazy stuff, because it inspires and challenges me to keep pushing my limits.

In 2006 I got to go to the Arnold with Jesse Kellum and I was able to see some of the strongman competition, which the big Z won, and it was awe inspiring. Seeing these huge men move these giant weights and stones was incredible.

I hope to have my 300 lbs. stone poured after Christmas.

Stay strong and keep posting,

George

Leave a comment:

• Dave Lemanczyk
    replied
    Originally posted by George Phipps View Post
    I think I have done 6 or 7 reps shouldering my 250 stone and it wasn't easy. You too ARE REAL NUTS! But, I must say- very impressive boys.

George
    I appreciate that George. You would have loved to see the type of work done over here in the last five days. Had some really strong guys over here diong WORK! Lots of heavy natural stone work.

Personally, I am getting pretty proficient in carrying heavy rocks in the bear hug position. My chest compression strength is improving. It's definitely a result of all the heavy rock and barrel work I have been doing for what seems as forever. With my heaviest stone which weighs 345 pounds I have been busy with loading, deloading, static bear hug holds, carries, and bear hug squats with great results. No pain, no gain.

Leave a comment:

• George Phipps
    replied
    I think I have done 6 or 7 reps shouldering my 250 stone and it wasn't easy. You too ARE REAL NUTS! But, I must say- very impressive boys.

George

Leave a comment:

• Travis Willingham
    replied
    I agree with the stones being a total workout. I recently picked them up and even though I lift 4 days a week with iron, my saturday mornings with stones is my most enjoyable. The other day I mentioned to a buddy of mine how my legs were starting to get sore from stones and his response was "why, you squat a lot more weight than those stones..." I told him he needs to come over to play with stones some saturday. Some days I will just lift till the legs get wobbly and then relax the rest of the day with football and whisky.
    Last edited by Travis Willingham; 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X