Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of lifts/routine would you do with limited weights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of lifts/routine would you do with limited weights?

Suppose that all you had was a barbell and no more than what you could clean and press for example. What lifts and what type of routine would you follow?

Hello Damian, I would encourage high rep breathing squats every other day, stiff leg dead lifts, bent over rows, strict presses, high pulls, curls, reverse curls, and if you have a bench I would suggest narrow grip benches, pullovers, elevated dips. You also want to work your neck. With the amount of weight you have you should be able to benefit fine with these exercises. If you can't so 20 rep breathing squats, start with a safe number of reps that you are confident with, after squats, do your pullovers and stiffleg deads, then finish with high pulls if you want, that could make up one routine every other day. Your second routine could be the pressing and rows and curls. As far as sets and reps, use common sense and see what works for you, depending on how light the weight feels you might find yourself doing 10s, some exercises might be 5s. Of course this is just a suggestion based on your original question, adjust and modify as necessary good luck.,

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Your advice is appreciated. Presses, rows, squats, pulls,etc. the basics are covered and that makes the most sense in any routine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Your advice is appreciated. Presses, rows, squats, pulls,etc. the basics are covered and that makes the most sense in any routine.

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

Guys reply to my posts

Comment

Deadlift variations, overhead press variations, triceps extension variations, barbell row variations, barbell curl variations, split squat variations, lunge variations, step up variations, high rep squat variations, clean variations, snatch variations.

I have dumbbells, a place to do dips & chins & little else. I get by fine. Try some Jvorek complexes, always challenging.

Comment

Working...
              X