Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about extreme fat loss??

Hi,
    I think everybody in here know about the methods based on squats and deadlifts to gain imense amounts of muscle in a couple of weeks, but what about doing the opposite? Think of this:

How to lose 30 pounds of body fat in 6 weeks
    Is it possible?

If so, how would you achive such goal?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

PD: Dont forget the obvious: While keeping muscle mass

Originally posted by Leonardo Solis View Post
    Hi,
    I think everybody in here know about the methods based on squats and deadlifts to gain imense amounts of muscle in a couple of weeks, but what about doing the opposite? Think of this:

How to lose 30 pounds of body fat in 6 weeks
    Is it possible?

If so, how would you achive such goal?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

PD: Dont forget the obvious: While keeping muscle mass
    Thank you for asking me to comment on this.

As far as I know, the theory of fat loss is pretty simple - consume fewer calories than you are burning and you'll lose fat - but how you do this with minimal loss of muscle at the same time is what gets harder.

The traditional approach was to cut carbs, while keeping your protein and fat intake high - along with burning more calories at the same time - but there are people on this forum who are far better qualified to answer this than I am, so maybe a couple of them will jump in on this, too.

Comment

As Randall touched on, the traditional way... Is the way that works. Cut carbs to green leafy and cuciferous vegetables. Various supplements can help... Not so much from a fat burning standpoint as I do not recommend fat burners per se, but with regards to nutritional support. If your body becomes deficient in a vitamin, mineral, etc. It becomes harder to lose fat.

As for workouts, decrease rest intervals between sets and increase the amount of work per unit of time. Works wonders. Also, pair upper and lower body movements in alternating sets fashion.

You should feel like you were beat up after a workout.

Comment

There are many different methods for dieting. I personally prefer low fats over low carbs. Messes with blood sugars less. But in all fairness I have never done a hard core low carb diet.

The real bottom line though is you will NOT loose 30 pounds of fat in 30 days. No one will without sugery

You can lose water weight quickly but that is permanent. After the first few weeks of most any diet a few pounds a week of true fat loss is pretty good. In reality most of us didn't put it on in 30 days either....

What is your purpose? Do you have a contest coming to make weight? Health? The reason can have a lot to do with the method you should use.

Jeff Bach

Comment

Goal

Originally posted by Jeff Bach View Post
          There are many different methods for dieting. I personally prefer low fats over low carbs. Messes with blood sugars less. But in all fairness I have never done a hard core low carb diet.

The real bottom line though is you will NOT loose 30 pounds of fat in 30 days. No one will without sugery

You can lose water weight quickly but that is permanent. After the first few weeks of most any diet a few pounds a week of true fat loss is pretty good. In reality most of us didn't put it on in 30 days either....

What is your purpose? Do you have a contest coming to make weight? Health? The reason can have a lot to do with the method you should use.

Jeff Bach
          Thanks for asking, well the reason is that as far as I know the lower your body fat % is, the leaner your gains will be under a mass building phase, and lean mass is more useful tha fat mas.

Comment

Which is correct. But does not give you reason to need such fast weight loss. Fast weight loss (or gain) is never good.

Clean up your diet. Using "lower" fat or carb. Which ever suits you. And work on losing a few pounds a week while gaining mass.

That is something you can do long term with only positive health benefits.

Jeff Bach

Comment

Working...
            X