Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real blow torch timmy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDPfKOk7LeI

Sean is a friend of mine. I have met him and competed with him at an arm wrestling comp. Hes a good guy and would never try and use an altered gripper to fake a feat of strength. He only experimented with this to create narrow grippers and grippers that filled gaps in his collection.

Comment

No Sam, the real blow torch Timmy/foot stomp frenchman is you and only you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robb Barrette View Post
        No Sam, the real blow torch Timmy/foot stomp frenchman is you and only you.

Find definite proof I blowtorched a gripper.

The person in the video admits to it.

Comment

What keeps someone from torching or otherwise tweaking the MM grippers?

Comment

If you mean those use for certification... because the box etc is (at least was when I did my level) opened on camera much like the ones sent out by other companies for cert's. I've an unopened GHP gripper on top of my brothers wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post
              If you mean those use for certification... because the box etc is (at least was when I did my level) opened on camera much like the ones sent out by other companies for cert's. I've an unopened GHP gripper on top of my brothers wardrobe.
              Why not have a cut in the video or torch it after so the next guy (it could be you) can use the softened up gripper?

Incidentally, TEDS would like to thank the guy on this video for demonstrating his (TEDS') longstanding point that what the GOPD oppressed call seasoning is nothing more or less than bending.

Comment

Not allowed. It's easy enough to look up the rules so do so. I did one such cert on an MM gripper ages ago with Sam Solimi. I passed, he did not. Gripper stayed in view the whole time. It makes for boring viewing but no cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Gardener View Post
                  Not allowed. It's easy enough to look up the rules so do so. I did one such cert on an MM gripper ages ago with Sam Solimi. I passed, he did not. Gripper stayed in view the whole time. It makes for boring viewing but no cheating.

Comment

I believe the MM rules state that attempts to certify can only be taken by GB members in "good standing". I take that to mean you have to have proven yourself trustworthy. Don't think Sam would be allowed to try.
                    On ignore list:
                    Sam Scott, Kim Wood, Dave Murray

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus Gustafsson View Post
                      I believe the MM rules state that attempts to certify can only be taken by GB members in "good standing". I take that to mean you have to have proven yourself trustworthy. Don't think Sam would be allowed to try.

Ha ha, I feel confident that my name would be displayed in the MM2 cert box if I attempted it tomorrow.

I personally feel a 3.5 cert is more honorable than even there MM7.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Scott View Post
                        Ha ha, I feel confident that my name would be displayed in the MM2 cert box if I attempted it tomorrow.

You have no credibility, so perhaps we should throw you in a ring with Gerard. Kim will referee the match, and ensure that the chains binding you and Gerard together are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by WesOblander View Post
                          You have no credibility, so perhaps we should throw you in a ring with Gerard. Kim will referee the match, and ensure that the chains binding you and Gerard together are tight.
                          Ha ha ha @ Wes. Sam, it is certainly a matter of opinion which cert you think is better or more
                          "honorable" however, they are two separate events. I would say that the sheer dearth of members on the MM7 list only one of whom is also a #3.5 cert could make the argument that the MM7 at the shorter minimum distance is more difficult to achieve than a #3.5 cert which now has considerably more names. In the end it boils down what the individual's goals are. As they are separate events I don't think a direct comparison is correct. There are pros/cons to both certification requirements.
                          Back to the main issue: this guy sean is coming forward and saying he is blowtorching the gripper to give him a stepping stone and that is fine. What would not be fine is if anyone torched a spring, recorded a close on video, and purposely neglected to mention the torching or foot-stomping in order to appear to possess a much greater level of strength than they actually did. And Sam (or whatever your real name is) even if you were in good standing with the GB you would not be a MM2 tomarrow on account that each video must wait pending approval from at least 2 out of the 3 judges which review your certification video for MM. Then you would have to wait your turn in line for the next shot at the MM1 and then the MM2 in this same fashion. You also have to declare ahead of time when you will be making your cert which also throws off your ability to ALWAYS have an "on" day if that makes sense. The title of "blow-torching foot-stomper extraordinaire" will forever belong to you Sam Scott/Timmy/Whatever your real name is.

-Jordan

-Jordan
                          Psalms 18:34 He (God) trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Rechsteiner View Post
                            Ha ha ha @ Wes. Sam, it is certainly a matter of opinion which cert you think is better or more
                            "honorable" however, they are two separate events. I would say that the sheer dearth of members on the MM7 list only one of whom is also a #3.5 cert could make the argument that the MM7 at the shorter minimum distance is more difficult to achieve than a #3.5 cert which now has considerably more names. In the end it boils down what the individual's goals are. As they are separate events I don't think a direct comparison is correct. There are pros/cons to both certification requirements.
                            Back to the main issue: this guy sean is coming forward and saying he is blowtorching the gripper to give him a stepping stone and that is fine. What would not be fine is if anyone torched a spring, recorded a close on video, and purposely neglected to mention the torching or foot-stomping in order to appear to possess a much greater level of strength than they actually did. And Sam (or whatever your real name is) even if you were in good standing with the GB you would not be a MM2 tomarrow on account that each video must wait pending approval from at least 2 out of the 3 judges which review your certification video for MM. Then you would have to wait your turn in line for the next shot at the MM1 and then the MM2 in this same fashion. You also have to declare ahead of time when you will be making your cert which also throws off your ability to ALWAYS have an "on" day if that makes sense. The title of "blow-torching foot-stomper extraordinaire" will forever belong to you Sam Scott/Timmy/Whatever your real name is.

-Jordan

-Jordan
                            Your comments are interesting, Jordan. I would agree that the three primary tier gripper certifications (COC/MM/GHP) weould stop most without some specific training. I'd also concur regarding your comments on the foot stomping/torch aficionado and his antics.

Comment

Even though you are a certified COC - I would be very surprised if Bill Piche let you even get your hands on the MM2 Sam-er-Timmy. I could use a good belly laugh though...maybe it's time to notify the GB of your interest to cert on the MM2?
                              http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Edwards View Post
                                Even though you are a certified COC - I would be very surprised if Bill Piche let you even get your hands on the MM2 Sam-er-Timmy. I could use a good belly laugh though...maybe it's time to notify the GB of your interest to cert on the MM2?

I would be surprised if Bill even replied to me.....

Comment

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=38422

Comment

I would be surprised if Bill even replied to me.....
                                    Oh he'll probably reply...that's not the hard part.
                                    http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well Sam you would probably open the box torch and stomp the gripper then put the gripper back in and re-tape the box. After this was done you would start the video as normal and then viola! You see: this is why Bill would never allow you to certify because the MM grippers which got modified by you would damage all those before you and all those after you and even when that gripper got replaced, it would never be the exact same rating as the MM grippers are not rated. Otherwise Sam, you could be the first and only MM10 both dominant and off hand certified closer. You would CCS your attempts of course because a BB Pro spring is only impossible for us mere mortals whilst you, the Exalted Supreme Cardinal of "The Worship Joe Kinney Cult" (not disrespecting Joe Kinney he is a legend: just Sam's near stalker obsession with him) are endowed with supernatural powers...mainly pathological lying and pot-stirring, which allow such certs to be done without you breaking a sweat. Why can't you be man enough to at least sign your real name to your writing as the rest of us do?

-Jordan
                                      Psalms 18:34 He (God) trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Rechsteiner View Post
                                        Well Sam you would probably open the box torch and stomp the gripper then put the gripper back in and re-tape the box. After this was done you would start the video as normal and then viola! You see: this is why Bill would never allow you to certify because the MM grippers which got modified by you would damage all those before you and all those after you and even when that gripper got replaced, it would never be the exact same rating as the MM grippers are not rated. Otherwise Sam, you could be the first and only MM10 both dominant and off hand certified closer. You would CCS your attempts of course because a BB Pro spring is only impossible for us mere mortals whilst you, the Exalted Supreme Cardinal of "The Worship Joe Kinney Cult" (not disrespecting Joe Kinney he is a legend: just Sam's near stalker obsession with him) are endowed with supernatural powers...mainly pathological lying and pot-stirring, which allow such certs to be done without you breaking a sweat. Why can't you be man enough to at least sign your real name to your writing as the rest of us do?

-Jordan

I plan, with the authorization of Randaal, a 3.5 cert.

Thankyou,

Comment

Working...
                                        X